• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom semi-annual sale

migo

Reaction score
Searched and nothing came up...Just wanted everyone to know that Nordstrom's semi annual sale has started.

DMcG

Reaction score
This is the women and kids only sale, isn't it?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
Searched and nothing came up...Just wanted everyone to know that Nordstrom's semi annual sale has started.

It's women and kids right now. Men's starts next Fri according to their website.

Anniversary sale starts July 20.

b

Leslierc

Reaction score
The men's sale used to start on Father's Day. By the way, according to my salesperson at Saks, Father's Day is when Saks' "second cut" sale begins (second reduction on sale items). As for the Nordstrom sale, I probably won't bother because the store nearest me (Montgomery Mall) has a very weak men's selection to begin with.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leslierc
The men's sale used to start on Father's Day. By the way, according to my salesperson at Saks, Father's Day is when Saks' "second cut" sale begins (second reduction on sale items). As for the Nordstrom sale, I probably won't bother because the store nearest me (Montgomery Mall) has a very weak men's selection to begin with.

It's actually the 20th, with the remaining things that don't go down on the first part of 2nd Cut going down on the 27th.
Final Cut is mid-July.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got a call from a salesman at the local Nordstrom yesterday telling me that he'll have the list of what's going on sale by tomorrow and that he'd go ahead and get the suit, begin getting it altered and fitted and then charge my card when the sale begins next weekend.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
The men's half-yearly starts on the 15th in my region (Los Angeles)
smile.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the sale started today. Did anyone find anything interesting? The selection in their flagship store in downtown Seattle was fairly boring and I ended up only getting a couple of cheap Nordstrom button downs for use as some workhouse shirts.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
So the sale started today. Did anyone find anything interesting? The selection in their flagship store in downtown Seattle was fairly boring and I ended up only getting a couple of cheap Nordstrom button downs for use as some workhouse shirts.

Did they have much in the way of shoes? I was thinking I might check it out today after work. If nothing else, I guess I could use some new socks.
plain.gif

charlief1975

Reaction score
I work near the Downtown Chicago location. Went during lunch..nothing that blew me away. At least not at 33% off...like I told my friend, the sign says "33% off or more", I would love to find the more.

Some descent shoe selection, tons of shirts.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Did they have much in the way of shoes? I was thinking I might check it out today after work. If nothing else, I guess I could use some new socks.
plain.gif

I only skimmed through the 11-12 sized sections and the only interesting shoes that I saw on sale were a few pairs of summer styled Santoni FAMs - everything else was mostly either streetwear type shoes or stuff like Cole Haan, Kenneth Cole, etc. I didn't ask about them, but I don't even think I saw any AE's on sale.

The sock selection was also fairly weak and you'll be able to find the same brands and styles a couple blocks down the street at the Rack for several dollars less.

Reaction score
walked away with 2 burgundy label Nordstrom button down dress shirts and a white label John W. Nordstrom button down shirt for $100. Decent.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I ended up with some underwear
plain.gif

In size 9.5-10 shoes there was a lot of To Boot, Gordon Rush, and Cole Haan -- in other words, stuff that's still overpriced at 33% off. There was an AE model I've never seen before which was actually pretty nice, it looked like a blucher version of Park Avenue.

Reaction score
shoes in my size (Michigan Ave.) were crap even if I didn't need a EE/EEE.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads