• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Non Iron Slim Fit Dress Pants - Do they exist?!

cjmakai

Reaction score
With BB, you've got to go with extra slim in order to get a fit similar to RLBL or TPSF. Even the extra slim tend to be a bit bigger around the waist than I like. Recently ordered some CT tailored fit, will report on those when they arrive.
I've tried both the BB extra slim and the CT tailored. 40R, 31 waist. The CT tailored still has a little extra waist area also, but more importantly for me, the chest area on the CT is large enough unlike in the BB extra slim which is less tapered.

Kappuccino

Reaction score
I would second the idea of BB Milano. They also have a few pairs with some stretch (Lycra) in them that should hold their shape very well. Theory also does some cotton/stretch pants but they'll be more expensive and personally I've always found the fit a little weird.
As to the shirts, your measurements mirror mine almost exactly and I just ordered some of the CT tailored fit shirts after trying them in the NY store. So far they seem to be one of the better OTR fits for me, in addition to RLBL and some of Barney's house brand stuff.

I called Charles Tyrwhitt the other day, and their sizes seems to be huge!
I have a 15.5" Neck, so the collars on my shirt is usually 16".
The CT shirt with the 16" collar size has a 44" chest! That's way too big. How did yours fit if you have similar measurements to mine?
Their waist measurements seems quite big as well, although it does mention it is measured 20 cm below armhole.

I'll be going to BB today to check out the Milano Chinos.

spitshine123

Reaction score
The CT shirt with the 16" collar size has a 44" chest! That's way too big. How did yours fit if you have similar measurements to mine?
Their waist measurements seems quite big as well, although it does mention it is measured 20 cm below armhole.

Any reports on how the Milano chinos fit around the waist/crotch? I found that the fitzgerald chinos run a size smaller around the waist/crotch and I had to go up 1 size from 31 to 32

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've tried both the BB extra slim and the CT tailored.  40R, 31 waist.  The CT tailored still has a little extra waist area also, but more importantly for me, the chest area on the CT is large enough unlike in the BB extra slim which is less tapered.

I suppose this was my experience too, because the reason my BB extra slim are a bit big around the waist is that I had to size up to a 16 on them, while I could do a 15.5 on the CT tailored.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well remember, there's always a little room; you don't want things skin tight. I also tried them with a shirt underneath, since I don't want them to be too snug with an undershirt on. If you have a 40in chest I'd assume you'd want the shirt itself to measure at least 42in. I also wear a 15.5 in CT, so I think those will be a little smaller.

Kappuccino

Reaction score
So I made a visit to BB yesterday to test out these Milano Advantage Chinos.

Tried on a 32 and a 31.
- The rise on these pants are quite low, a decent surprise at first.
- The 32 is a bit baggy in the legs (but still satisfactory), and a bit of extra room in the waist.
- The 31 is a bit tight in the waist, but the legs are perfect. Not to a point that it is considered "skinny", but well trimmed.
- The deal killer: When sitting down, the fabric in the rise just bunch up like mad. It is very uncomfortable. The 31 gave me a "camel toe" (yeah I know, ouch), and although there is a bit more room with the 32, it's still quite uncomfortable. I would have to constantly adjust my pants when sitting down if I were to wear these, which would be extremely annoying and uncomfortable since I sit in the office like 9 hours a day.

I've come to a conclusion that the cause is due to a combination of the cutting in the waist band and the low rise. I own 2 low rise jeans that are even skinnier than these chinos, but they're never this painful in the crotch area (they're actually pretty comfy). This is because the waist band on these jeans are curved, which prevents a lot of the fabric in front of the pants bunching up together, while the back of the pants remains contoured to the seat. The waistband of the chinos are just straight across.

I guess the hunt continues.
I might end up trying Bonobos, since all their pants have a curved waistband. The only gripe I have is that they are a bit too roomy in the legs for my liking.

Edit: Just to add, I did try out the Fitzgerald Chinos as well. They are way too roomy in the legs. They're actually like the pants I currently own.

Last edited:

kev647

Reaction score
I wear Hugo Boss slacks and suits. They are all tailored and fairly fit. They are wool and thought the crease stays for about 4-6 wears, I like to run an iron over them after each wear to make it look better. But wool burns easy- I have a handkerchief over the iron so I don't get the wool too hot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads