• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noah

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this off of Braidkid this morning (thanks!) and I am really looking forward to receiving it. I find it very interesting that this piece shares some trademark characteristics with Nom de Guerre outerwear, specifically the pleated, articulated elbow, which gives the jackets a particular stance (also means that you are screwed if your arm length and posture is very different from that of the fit model.) I suppose that these shared characteristics are not unexpected seeing the relationship between the designer (Brendon Babzenian) and the group behind Nom de Guerre.

coat001.jpg

coat002.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to NdG to check out the new Noah stuff, either for FW06 or SS07. I saw pictures of some random pieces, but haven't really seen the collection. Anyone else able to give a 411 on how the last 2 collections and the upcoming one look?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I bought this off of Braidkid this morning (thanks!) and I am really looking forward to receiving it. I find it very interesting that this piece shares some trademark characteristics with Nom de Guerre outerwear, specifically the pleated, articulated elbow, which gives the jackets a particular stance (also means that you are screwed if your arm length and posture is very different from that of the fit model.) I suppose that these shared characteristics are not unexpected seeing the relationship between the designer (Brendon Babzenian) and the group behind Nom de Guerre.

coat001.jpg

coat002.jpg

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get to NdG to check out the new Noah stuff, either for FW06 or SS07. I saw pictures of some random pieces, but haven't really seen the collection. Anyone else able to give a 411 on how the last 2 collections and the upcoming one look?

good purchase, i was scouting that too. i have a noah shirt that i love. the blazers are awesome as well as the outerwear. price is err....very expensive though.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the the care, details and quality that he puts into his garments, especially the outerwear, I'd say that the prices are justified. You can match his stuff up with anyone in his price point and he will more than hold his own.

bargecharge

Reaction score
I have some Noah stuff from before the hiatus, and was fairly impressed - not blown away, but the quality was / is good and I really appreciated the label's subtlety. That said, I haven't been as interested in what he's done since he re-upped the label. Quality and craftsmanship still seem to be very good (if not even better), but the influences and intentions now seem a bit overly obvious to me. For example, the s/s 07 look (from what I've seen at Nom de Guerre) seems to be largely a slightly deconstructed take on very WASPy East Coast clothes (seersucker, pink, chambray)...and from what I can remember, in my opinion a/w 06 relied overly heavily on the nautical influences. He can obviously make great clothes and in general I really like the arena he's working in (workwear, classics etc.) - I just wish he wouldn't let the influences overwhelm the collections to the point where it verges on pastiche, if that makes any sense. For example, I think the last two NdG collections have done a better job with presenting a coherent, forward-thinking aesthetic, and not wearing their influences so much on their sleeves, so to speak.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
re. above.

Hmmm, Nom de Guerre and Noah seem to be sharing inspiration boards. NdG had 'Russian Mariner" for FW06 and Preppy/Nautical for SS07.

I wonder if Babzenian has switched from using CYC, which made sense given his old connections with Supreme, to the same Japanese factories as NdG uses.

On a tangential note, I wonder whether the fact that both Yoko Devereaux and BBlessing use Wing Son is coincidental.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
re. above.

Hmmm, Nom de Guerre and Noah seem to be sharing inspiration boards. NdG had 'Russian Mariner" for FW06 and Preppy/Nautical for SS07.

I wonder if Babzenian has switched from using CYC, which made sense given his old connections with Supreme, to the same Japanese factories as NdG uses.

On a tangential note, I wonder whether the fact that both Yoko Devereaux and BBlessing use Wing Son is coincidental.

there seems to be a lot of overlapping in both brands. s/s 07 noah wasn't too great from what i saw leftover at nom de guerre last month. i'm always more impressed with f/w stuff anyways. look forward to seeing both brands soon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads