• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No longer obsessed with this watch?

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
+1 Nothing the OP has said so far has made any kind of sense. Just snobbish silliness.
Like everything in life, there are better and there are worse things - if you have opened up a Patek and an Omega you would realise that the finishing, the regulation, the movement of the former is a whole level above the latter... ...but of course like all watch egalitarians you haven't. The closest you've ever come to owning a Patek is when you pressed your nose against the plate glass at the shop and then came to the sad realisation that the watch was worth more than you. By all means feel free to hold on to your Chris Ward watches and convince yourself that you own a superlative Swiss-made timepiece.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
+1

Nothing the OP has said so far has made any kind of sense. Just snobbish silliness.

While I am all for everyone expressing their opinions, I truely am puzzled by where this is coming from. We are discussing watches and recently the discussion went from the benefits of buying a new Omega vs. a Used Patek. I don't think there is anything wrong with Omega just like there is nothing wrong with AE. After all, I even said that I had a Tag which is far below Omega in the pecking order of things.

I'm not sure where the snobbish silliness lies in that. Did you read the whole thread? Do you own stock in the Swatch conglomerate and find it distasteful to speak ill a company in which you are a part owner?

By all means please come and debate the matter. Calling me a snob doesn't really do much to further the conversation.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan. Personally, I prefer the Breguet Marine.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am really obsessed with this car. What do you think? I drive my dogs through swamps in my Leer Jet/car conversion and leave BMWs at the dump when they run out of gas. Should I get this??!?!
2011-rolls-royce-ghost.jpg

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patek
While I am all for everyone expressing their opinions, I truely am puzzled by where this is coming from. We are discussing watches and recently the discussion went from the benefits of buying a new Omega vs. a Used Patek. I don't think there is anything wrong with Omega just like there is nothing wrong with AE. After all, I even said that I had a Tag which is far below Omega in the pecking order of things.

I'm not sure where the snobbish silliness lies in that. Did you read the whole thread? Do you own stock in the Swatch conglomerate and find it distasteful to speak ill a company in which you are a part owner?

By all means please come and debate the matter. Calling me a snob doesn't really do much to further the conversation.

click on the first link in his signature, should explain a lot

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Hey guys, I am really obsessed with this car. What do you think? I drive my dogs through swamps in my Leer Jet/car conversion and leave BMWs at the dump when they run out of gas. Should I get this??!?!

Assuming you don't already have a car for trips to the mailbox, I say go for it. Nobody will realize it's only a Rolls Royce.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo

Not much or a RR guy nor can I afford one. I am a BMW guy and have been tuning them/driving them for years. RR has a little too much bling for me and can't carve the corners. That being said, somone did show up in a Bently GT at the last track event...

You must have a really long driveway if you need a car to get your mail.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a nice watch, but you clearly won't be happy with it so save yourself the buyer's remorse. If you want a daily wearer from a more "respectable" house, look for an IWC, GO or AP.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
...but of course like all watch egalitarians you haven't. The closest you've ever come to owning a Patek is when you pressed your nose against the plate glass at the shop and then came to the sad realisation that the watch was worth more than you.

By all means feel free to hold on to your Chris Ward watches and convince yourself that you own a superlative Swiss-made timepiece.

Seriously...was this necessary?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads