• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Bowers. One just slipped through my fingers on EBay. One thing I did notice about it was that the sleeves seemed very short.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This year's Donkey Jacket is surely just last year's leftovers. They did two colorways last season if you recall and the navy simply plays into this season's collection.

buzzlulu

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
I had my hopes up for this season's as the measurements posted on SuperDenim's website are different from last years. My hope was that this season's version would fit - I don't think I am willing to take another try.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
It
Thanks for the reply.
I had my hopes up for this season's as the measurements posted on SuperDenim's website are different from last years.  My hope was that this season's version would fit - I don't think I am willing to take another try.

It looks a bit different from last season's

The fit looks different and the reinforcing on the pocket looks different to me

They did have a few navy ones last year but they were sold off in the sale and through Coggles

John Burke

Reaction score
Looking for sizing advice on aw 15 Arctic parka. I usually wear a size 48 in Nigel's clothing but web measurements suggest I could get away with a 46 in the Arctic parka.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Other than End clothing or Cabourn site, where else has the Grey Cameraman ?
Seems fairly rare piece, not sure I overly like it in the grey colour, but I do love the coat ..

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Should have mentioned I need 54 ..
Cheers though !

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It
It looks a bit different from last season's

The fit looks different and the reinforcing on the pocket looks different to me

They did have a few navy ones last year but they were sold off in the sale and through Coggles

If that's the case then I stand corrected. I haven't inspected it, but initially it looked like last season's to me. Interesting they'd bring back what sounds like the least successful piece of outerwear from the previous season.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, ****. End's measurements were off, and I could have gone with the 48 in the WW1 sheepskin after all. It just doesn't knock my socks off for the price.

I feel like if do better with a B-3 from Aero for half the price.

Last edited:

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I really wasn't impressed by it. The horse leather looked like plain old nubuck. It would have been much better if they had used FQHH.

Last edited:

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Well that makes for a bad day.......

Interesting about the sizing though, seemed to me the 50 would have been the right call.

FWIW END is good at returns have even used USPS got there safe and sound, was a CABOURN item also...

GL

Morph

Reaction score

Anybody chime in on the fit of the King George Jacket? Wondering how one with size it compared to Cameraman and Mallory.

I know not a lot of people picked up this coat.

I have 5 cameraman's. 4 in 50 and one in 48. I prefer the size 50, outside this years linen which is over sized. I bought the king George in 50 and it was way to big and had to sell it on. I took a chance and bought both colourways from a seller from this site both in a 48 and the fit was spot on. He was also a 50 in a cameraman but found the King George too big and sized down. I am 5 9 and 75kg.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads