1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

£1000 RRP probably has a lot to do with it ..

2. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

What does this attach to ???
    [​IMG]

Thanks....

3. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

It attaches to this seasons Aircraft Jacket with sheepskin hood

4. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Very nice, thanks

5. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Cheers. Sizing up usually doesn't work so I'll probably pass on that one.

I would also add that last season's version looks like it would fit into this season's Aircraft Jacket as well. Snaps appear to be in the same spot.

6. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

Yes only Covent Garden shop now in London

Selfridges then Liberty & LN-CC dropped Cabourn a few seasons ago

That left Present & Trunk who both dropped Cabourn when it was clear Nigel was opening his own store

In the UK, I can certainly recommend Superdenim, Corniche and End for customer service on line or by phone

Corniche and End have physical shops as well but obviously in Edinbourgh & Newcastle respectively

7. NickJohannessen

NickJohannessen Senior member

Quote:It is worth noting that unless you make a prior engagement, End don't keep much, if any, Cabourn in the shop. And their warehouse is now not nearby, so it's not a case of fetching stuff easily. This goes for all their high-end brands. The two small shows they have are really quite disappointing.

8. irbe

irbe Senior member

I just got the my busines jacket in grey flannel (Fox Flannel) from last year off the bay. Jacket feels great. Don't have any sports jacket so this will be the perfect addition to my wardrobe. Also got a reversible fllanel (also from the bay). First thought, the shirt was a little thin, but found out recently they make light weight ones. The whole reversible thing was a novelty for me but i actually found myself wearing both sides. Besides the thinness of the flannel, it is really nicely made.

9. ike_hiking_boots

ike_hiking_boots Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love the fabric on this. Do these come up small?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  10. irbe

irbe Senior member

actually mine was the non-speckled one :(, just grey flannel. Still like it though. Yes they are a little trimmed. I'm a 48 in Mallory and 46 in Cameraman (both FW) and 48 is a little trim. Little tight aroudn the back, but nothing too extreme. Hoping with some wear, the wool will relax a bit

11. irbe

irbe Senior member

But I wouldn't size up since im only wearing a shirt underneath it. However you can't wear a knit for sure.

12. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

In case anyone is interested in the Filson collab, stylecreep offers a 20% discount code (FREEZING20)... Pretty good deal IMO.

13. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Hey guys - I've Googled around a bit but can't seem to find this year's Cameraman in a 46. Am I pretty much out of luck at this point? I'm looking for a nice outdoor coat and would love to try one of these (never put one on), but I'm pretty positive I need a 46 (5'9", 158lbs, 39" chest, 16.25" shoulder) and they aren't popping up anywhere that I can find. Thanks in advance!

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

46 are hard to come by for NC stuff it seems. Best of luck on your search

15. Eric Gill Sans

Don't get me started about trying to find Nigel Cabourn clothing in sizes 46 and 44

I've spent days of my life over the last 4 years hunting down pieces in the Extra small sizes in Europe - I've even bought from Nigels distributor in Japan to try to get a one and only small size that was made

Superdenim, End and Nigels London or online store are now the only stockists who have a very few pieces in a 46

It is limited to a few pieces as us slim people are at the mercy of what shops think they can sell and what goes over to Japan

Shops don't want to be left with the very high priced items having to go into sales so I think we will find that 46's will become even more difficult to find

My advice - go to Japan with an empty suitcase !!

1 person likes this.
  16. Eric Gill Sans

Having said all that I've just noticed you have a 39inch chest - a 46 will be way too tight accross the chest - a 46 cameraman has a 38 inch chest

I would go for a 48 and have the sleeves altered or rolled up

1 person likes this.
  17. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

46s are out there, but not in your traditional spots as has been mentioned. I would try eBay as well as Rakuten. You can also try some of the Japanese stockists. Not sure about this season's Cameraman, but you'll find some 46s.

EDIT: End has it on the moss colorway.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  18. zissou

zissou Senior member

I have a 39" chest and take a 50 in the Cameraman. The fit is perfect with a medium weight knit underneath.

I don't know how some of you guys size down from Mallory to Cameraman. I take 50 in both and have to have my Mallorys slimmed down a little.

19. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

I don't know why a 46 is in short supply. To me it's a true small and should be widely available and sell just as much as all the other sizes.
    I only take a 46 in all Cabourn stuff and usually don't have much problem getting anything I want. You do have to buy before the sales though or get in with an early discount code.
    Or like Eric says, get to Japan. I was there in June and it was like a Mecca pilgrimage. Had to buy extra bags to get my stuff home :)

20. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Wow, thanks for all of the great responses! So it sounds like I need the 48..? Again, I'm 5'9" almost 160 lbs, 39" chest and 16.35" shoulder (athletic frame). I definitely don't want it too snug in the chest, but I could always do something with the sleeves if the chest fit properly. I like a more trim (not too snug) fit though.