• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Just done a quick bit of googling

It was from the Japanese Mainline collection - came I three colours - green, navy and the orange in your photo

Short Parka Wet Weather Type

It's either SS12 or AW12 - difficult to tell from the dates on the blog posts

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think it's from their AW12 line. Also did some goggling. Recalled Unionmade had it last year. Won't be getting it for awhile since I had it shipped to us mailbox and won't make trip yet. Was going to use it for spring summer. Heard good things about ventile so eager to see jacket

Nookitect

Reaction score
Has anyone here had any luck contacting Cabourn customer service through their websit?

I recently purchased a jacket on eBay, and when I got it, two of the "ladder" part of the clips were broken.

I emailed them to see about purchasing replacements but never heard back.

Anyone know where I could find replacement parts?

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
emailed them on many occasion , and never had a reply ..
Kyoni who used to work for them would get back no problem ..

gus49

Reaction score
heard back from them, I think they are very busy with it though. i made a puchase from there web store.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

The 14oz store in Mitte has the green duffle. Not sure about the size, but I spent a few minutes just savouring the feel of the fabric when I visited there at Xmas. Incredibly nice. Worth 2k? A duffle worth a decent secondhand car? Hardly. They also had quite a lot of other Cabourn stuff, including an absolutely superb Harris Tweed Cape Cameraman.

The 14oz on Kudamm has the holy grail of trousers in stock though, at only 299 euros a pop. The Bombay Pants in 4 different varieties of Harris Tweed. As rare as hens teeth?

More about my trip to Berlin here: http://welldresseddad.com/2014/01/03/so-i-flew-to-berlin-for-a-weekend/

Nick

Nice blog Nick

When I was in Berlin in November I only had time to nip into Manufactum which didn't have any Cabourn in - should have gone to 14Oz instead

It's a pity 14oz don't have a web shop - I've got a feeling they are possibly working on it

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Thanks Eric. The two 14oz shops definitely are the place to go seek Cabourn. We dropped by Manufactum, which is an experience in itself, and I did see a pile of Cabourn trousers. Nothing too interesting though. They used to have their own tailored versions of some Cabourn pices, but the shop (near Bahnhof Zoo) we were in didn't have any of these in stock. Not really the place you'd go looking for this type of kit though, the fact that they had the trousers seemed more out of character than something that fit the profile of the place.

Nick

Nookitect

Reaction score
Barneys has the cameraman jacket with tweed vest in the blue on blue color way in size medium for $799...awesome price if you ask me.

Call their Madison ave store in NYC and they are more than happy to help.

I called to track down an XL, and of course my size is never in stock.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
as in 54 ?

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
only seen 54 in Khafka , and Ushowu ..
not as low as that though ..

Nookitect

Reaction score
No, I believe it's a new thing for this season.

I'm sure everyone has different feelings about it, but to me, it seems like a way for them to jack up the prices even more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads