• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Kuznetsov

Reaction score
The description on ends site seems to contradict their own pictures with regards to this.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
I'd go with the tag ..

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
says Ventile on the label ..

Haha. When I was going to post I was going to say it was Ventile because I have the Camo Aircraft from SS and it's the same pattern. I then went by the description on End.

Last edited:

Emixam

Reaction score
End description are not always accurate though, FW12 puffa jkt was described as using ventile which is wrong

EARSLIKEAHAWK

Reaction score
All the AW13 cameraman jackets have Ventile on the upper, it is actually a heavier weight L27 Ventile that has been used. The mistake in descriptions as to having Mackintosh on the upper could be down to the fact that these jackets are still made in one of the Mackintosh factories or that they are just regurgitating old copy from the last winter cameraman.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nick I've not tried both cameramen, but from my experiences with other ventile garments, the ventile version will almost certainly be much less clammy whilst not quite as wind resistant, and not quite as dry. Ventile is very water resistant when the fibers swell, but will transmit water eventually.

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Exciting times - the new collection has just launched on the Cabourn website tonight

Some fantastic neckwear, medical shirts in 3 colours in all sizes, loads of Mallorys and matching vests in all colour ways and sizes

Wow wow wow wow

And the jeans - hot diggerty damn !!!!

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Hands off the 46's everyone

Surely nobody can be as slim as me

Bought the Brady x Cabourn hunting jacket from AW12 in a size 48 thinking it cant be that huge as some shops call a 48 a small and it swamps me - I look like an undernourished lumberjack who's just borrowed a Grizzly Adams blanket cape

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nick I've not tried both cameramen, but from my experiences with other ventile garments, the ventile version will almost certainly be much less clammy whilst not quite as wind resistant, and not quite as dry. Ventile is very water resistant when the fibers swell, but will transmit water eventually.

I have an albam ventile, which was sold as waterproof and it gets clammy after a while, but I've bed had anything above that.

No one knows anything about the vest I posted?

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Some weird and wonderful things happening on the Cabourn site

Just clicked on the 'Authentic' tab and The Peacoat appeared in all its glory (sadly for me only listed going down to a 48) and then it disappeared entirely.

Then clicked on 'collaborations' and three rather stupendous Eddie Bauer pieces appeared

The women's collection info has also been expanded

I'm guessing someone is being busy tonight sat at a computer uploading - the gas lights and candles will be burning long into the night at the Garden House tonight

IndependenceChi

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that our FW13 Nigel Cabourn just came through the shop today! We are carrying the Army & Stone Cameraman, Mallory Jacket in Army and Brown, and Vintage Orange Everest Parka.

We also have sizes left in last season's Navy Taped Ventile Aircraft Jacket at 50% off!

Please call us at 312.675.2105 or email at [email protected] for pricing, pictures, questions, or any further information!

StayClean

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm currently auctioning several pieces from Nigel Cabourn's AW12 "Scott’s Polar Research Last Expedition - 1912".

Both the Photographer Jacket and Roll-neck sweater are issue number 001/100 and 001/300 of their respective styles.

If you're interested, check out my page: http://www.ebay.com/usr/stay-clean

Here are some shots:

There are a total of 45 pieces from the last two seasons that are going up as soon as I get caught up with school. Most are sample sized (48/2) and have never been worn.

The next lot should be up by Sunday.

I'll keep you all posted if you'd like.

Best,
Will

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads