• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Had a quick question, @Nicks Boots Shuyler. A family member (and thus it begins ?) is eyeing the Travelers and was wondering if it'd be possible to go lower than the 6" or 8" shaft... like basically a wedge sole Comstock at that point?

nvrp813

Reaction score
There's multiple pics of milled burgundy in this thread. Go to page 76 for a new pair and page 77 for a worn in pair.

Yes, I saw both. Thank you. I also saw Officers in buck brown on the FB group, however, I'm looking for the aesthetics of what a Robert looks like in both colors.

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Phanes

Reaction score
Great news, BPs still hold the line after weeks of abuse. Best way to get rid of mud is to add more mud. I was very thankful for the 10 inch hight standing in 20 tons of junk knee-deep.

Had a little bit of cracking that was perfectly annoying since it came from the left heel section, which isn't too surprising since there are three layers of leather rubbing against each other. Well, it stopped completely. I don't know if oiling or water solved the problem but prolly all of it.
Screenshot_20210915-174136.png

Since I love them so much I really considering changing the next order to the builder pro model, but let's be real Latigo is maybe sturdy, but you won't wear it in difficult conditions.

nvrp813

Reaction score

Colt_Seavers

Reaction score
Hello, I am after some fitting advice if anyone can help. The printable fit sheet doesn't work for me as I am in the UK and use a different paper size. It is all out of whack. Measuring the length of my foot I get 27.5cm (10 3/4") which appears to put me at a 10.5 US on the Brannock device according to my research. The circumference of the ball of my foot is between 9 3/4" and 9 7/8" which according to the 'Nicks Sizing Guide Instructions' sheet on their website puts me between a 'B' and a 'D' width for both 10 and 10.5 on the sheet. I spoke with someone at Nicks and he said to drop half a size from Brannock, so a 10D. He said they fit similar to Red Wing Iron Rangers, is that right? I have some RW Blacksmiths in a 10D (US) and if anything they're slightly loose fitting, but the guy in the RW store said if I went smaller they'd be too tight. When I told the guy at Nicks about this he said I could maybe try 9.5D with Nicks, or 10D! Unfortunately I need something more definite. Can anyone advise here?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Had a quick question, @Nicks Boots Shuyler. A family member (and thus it begins ?) is eyeing the Travelers and was wondering if it'd be possible to go lower than the 6" or 8" shaft... like basically a wedge sole Comstock at that point?

Would this work? It's a 4".

Attachments

• 4 inch Wedge.jpg
    4 inch Wedge.jpg
    458.5 KB · Views: 128

nvrp813

Reaction score
Hello, I am after some fitting advice if anyone can help. The printable fit sheet doesn't work for me as I am in the UK and use a different paper size. It is all out of whack. Measuring the length of my foot I get 27.5cm (10 3/4") which appears to put me at a 10.5 US on the Brannock device according to my research. The circumference of the ball of my foot is between 9 3/4" and 9 7/8" which according to the 'Nicks Sizing Guide Instructions' sheet on their website puts me between a 'B' and a 'D' width for both 10 and 10.5 on the sheet. I spoke with someone at Nicks and he said to drop half a size from Brannock, so a 10D. He said they fit similar to Red Wing Iron Rangers, is that right? I have some RW Blacksmiths in a 10D (US) and if anything they're slightly loose fitting, but the guy in the RW store said if I went smaller they'd be too tight. When I told the guy at Nicks about this he said I could maybe try 9.5D with Nicks, or 10D! Unfortunately I need something more definite. Can anyone advise here?

While I do not have a pair of Nick’s yet, I have tried on the White’s (Bakers) Bounty Hunter (55 last) in 9.5D. They are definitely roomier up front than both my Iron Rangers and Blacksmith in the same size (US 9.5D). The BH are also a touch wider. For reference I’m a 10.75 on Brannock, between C and D width (left foot) and 10.5 between C and D (right foot) Both my feet are 9-7/8” at the ball. IMO I would recommend you go with 9.5D if the Nick’s 55 fits similar to White’s 55.

Colt_Seavers

Reaction score
While I do not have a pair of Nick’s yet, I have tried on the White’s (Bakers) Bounty Hunter (55 last) in 9.5D. They are definitely roomier up front than both my Iron Rangers and Blacksmith in the same size (US 9.5D). The BH are also a touch wider. For reference I’m a 10.75 on Brannock, between C and D width (left foot) and 10.5 between C and D (right foot) Both my feet are 9-7/8” at the ball. IMO I would recommend you go with 9.5D if the Nick’s 55 fits similar to White’s 55.

Thank you for the detailed reply. Perhaps I should try some Iron Rangers in a 9.5D? As it stands I am not sure I want to go ahead because of the size risk. I understand I can return them but that would be after I have waited 4-5 months for them.

PWS83

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions for a good boot rack they use? Size 13-14s so maybe 12"+ in length, have probably a dozen total pairs total of Nicks and others

bucky0486

Reaction score
With my boots, I currently wear the cheapest cotton socks I can buy at Walmart. Looking for a serious upgrade. What are your suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads