• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Handmade Boots Official Affiliate Thread

Cycling Sasquatch

Reaction score
Those measurements look nice. I'm glad to see reasonable sleeve lengths. Just because someone has slender chest and waist measurements doesn't mean they are 4' tall with 18" arms. LOL

Daaaamn, brother from another mother! You're a cyclist too, aren't you?

Every time I shop for casual outerwear, it always feels like this existential dilemma of, "do I want something that fits like a Husky contractor bag but at least remotely approaches my wrists, or do I want a quarter-sleeve crop top?" 😆

Last edited:

andy b.

Reaction score
Daaaamn, brother from another mother! You're a cyclist too, aren't you?

Every time I shop for casual outerwear, it always feels like this existential dilemma of, "do I want something that fits like a Husky contractor bag but at least remotely approaches my wrists, or do a want a quarter-sleeve crop top?" 😆

Yes, a cyclist of occasional misadventures. LOL
It's one reason I rarely buy sweatshirts. One wash and they barely go past my elbows.
I'm seriously considering one of these jackets. 20oz waxed canvas is the heaviest I've seen.
Do they have a 7 month lead time? LOL

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It's one reason I rarely buy sweatshirts. One wash and they barely go past my elbows.
I'm seriously considering one of these jackets. 20oz waxed canvas is the heaviest I've seen.
They take about 1-2months, depending on the size. We’ve been doing from largest to smallest, each run takes around 2 weeks.

TyrLI

Reaction score
20221108_134430.jpg

24 oz, baby 😁

TyrLI

Reaction score
Ive had 2 of those and found them really disappointing. They look great in pic's though
I have the original, and this is the v2. I upsized this time because I didn't like how tight it was in my biceps and across my shoulders, especially for something marketed as a work jacket. Much happier and I love the color.

MTBmonkeyfist

Reaction score
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm considering my first pair of Nicks (Robert) but I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out sizing. I'm leaning towards a 10.5B but am hesitant for the reasons below.

I'm an 11B on a Brannock and the primary issue that I've had with past boots has been significant heel slippage. For example, I'm absolutely swimming in my LL Bean Duck boots that are a 10 medium (poor choice by me). I recently tried on a few pairs of Alden Indys and the 11B was a noticeably better than the 10.5 C. I recognize that these are all very different types of boots, just noting for reference. The Nick's DIY at-home measurement actually puts me around an 11.5. FWIW, I usually wear either lightweight or mid-weight cushioned socks. I also have fairly flat feet, though nothing crazy.

Any thoughts on where I should aim with Nicks sizing? The recent experience with the Aldens has me wondering if I should stick with 11B.
I just posted some Nicks Custom Roberts in the Buy and Sale thread here, as well as some Nicks Custom Packers, both purchased this year and barely worn. They are just a little too small for me and I am an 11 1/2 D Brannock. I generally wear an 11D in most PNW boots. These are both custom sized really between 10 1/2 and 11D and I would say they run on the narrow side. They are definitely not too wide and the heels lock up really well. I can wear them and make them work but if I want to wear in winter with thicker socks they are pushing it. I figured I would sell while they still really have no significant wear and just go ahead and order order in 1/2 size larger. Anyways, just in case you might be interested. Also, the Packers run even slightly more narrow in the toe box but are comfortable and the waxed flesh is pretty forgiving and moldable to your feet.
tempImageEoXI9O.png
tempImage8f4PxN.png

Attachments

• tempImage3EMI5A.png
    tempImage3EMI5A.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 59

GringoInChile

Reaction score
Shuyler, could you check on order 000056517 for me? Customer service only responded with a link that doesn't help.

When I ordered the boots (my 2nd pair), I was told they'd take up to 26 weeks. It's been 20 weeks so far, and in 7 more weeks I fly to southern Chile for a year (and sending them there would cost about $500). I haven't been contacted about any delays or anything, and it's too late for me to have a different company build me the boot I need. So I'm getting nervous.

Would you mind looking into it for me?

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shuyler, could you check on order 000056517 for me? Customer service only responded with a link that doesn't help.

When I ordered the boots (my 2nd pair), I was told they'd take up to 26 weeks. It's been 20 weeks so far, and in 7 more weeks I fly to southern Chile for a year (and sending them there would cost about $500). I haven't been contacted about any delays or anything, and it's too late for me to have a different company build me the boot I need. So I'm getting nervous.

Would you mind looking into it for me?
Assuming you haven’t changed anything and are still going with the original leather I don’t see any reason why that won’t go in in the next week or so

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads