• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2011-2012 Thread

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think he would be able to watch the Rangers on game center anyways since local games are blacked out. He'd need to be spoofing his location using a VPN or something of that nature as it uses IP address to determine which games to black out. One of the main reasons I can't "cut the cord" and go without cable!

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how much it angers me that our neighbors to the north love to boo the US in the WJC at every opportunity, I was hoping Canada would win. We are, after all, neighbors. I didn't get to catch the game because I was playing hockey myself, but saw the highlights and it definitely seemed like an exciting game. I'm surprised they waited so long to pull the Russian goalie.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I feel your pain. MSG Network has been blacked out on Time Warner Cable (my provider and NYC's biggest) because MSG has demanded a 53% increase for their fee from TWC. No Rangers, Knicks, Devils or Islanders. Two years ago I was priced out of my season tickets, now they're even pricing me out on TV. Cablevision and MSG are ******* thieves...:fu: I can't even switch providers, none available in my neighborhood or co-op.

that sucks pretty hard NYR, is it worth paying for gamecenter and streaming it through a ps3 or something?

I have Gamecenter, mostly because 1) I don't have a TV, and 2) I got sick of the ****** quality Russian bootleg streams.

we'll see if it works for the Rangers.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you guys cant figure out how to get around local blackouts on gamecenter then you dont deserve the internet.

Last edited:

Mr. Bananagrabber

Reaction score
Eric Francis from the Calgary sun wrote an article last night slamming Kuznetsov. Basically said Kuznetsov is a terrible teammate because he didn't celebrate goals with his linemates, and classless because he said something to Jenner who then tried to spear him, as well as because he scored 9 points against Latvia. An article on sportsmanship in international games seems somewhat ironic timing with the Summit Series documentary on NBC airing 2 days ago.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Eric Francis from the Calgary sun wrote an article last night slamming Kuznetsov. Basically said Kuznetsov is a terrible teammate because he didn't celebrate goals with his linemates, and classless because he said something to Jenner who then tried to spear him, as well as because he scored 9 points against Latvia. An article on sportsmanship in international games seems somewhat ironic timing with the Summit Series documentary on NBC airing 2 days ago.

Something about a pot and a kettle right?

I find so much of the Canadian media hypes this kind of xenophobia when it comes to international tourneys. So much pressure is heaped on Team Canada in the IIHF that the fans, some of the least xenophobic people (Canadians) become just as bad as the rest of us. Can't wait to see what Mr Cherry has to say this Saturday night.

Anyway, I'm a freaking idiot and have no idea how I can get live streaming of the Rangers...can someone either pm me a link where I could watch (don't even care how ****** the feed is) or post here how to get around the local blackout.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figure this would be more appropriate here rather than the things that are making you happy today. A pair of these arrived today. Getting my first game in them tonight, subbing for a team I've never played with before. Hopefully they don't hurt too much....got them baked and molded earlier today at the local rink shop.

yhst-90879101131287_2190_52161692

:bigstar:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me I have worn bauer since I was about 13 so I just won't switch. Creature of habit I am....plus I have a wider foot and bauers always tend to run wider, or they used to at least.

Last edited:

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I started skating (28 years ago), CCM skates had a forward slant to them. When I would try Bauer 100's (the best at that time) or, later, when I traded a flyer's jersey for a pair of Bauer 1000's (I got the short end on that one) I could hardly skate because they were, apparently, flat footed. Graf hadn't even come out yet and when they did (late 80's, early '90's?) they were very heavy compared to Bauer and CCM. I also remember a couple of friends had the molded plastic Micron skates (that broke when you hit them with a slap shot) and a friend of mine bought the Reebok "pump" skates where you could pump them up just like their sneakers. Gay.

I think the last pair of skates I bought were a pair of 652 Tacks (had the white plastic strip down the sides). I don't remember if they were vacuumed or baked onto my feet but they were "top of the line" whenever I bought them. They have to be about 15 years old?

:embar:

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten into playing as an adult, or should I :hide: for mentioning it?

FWIW I can skate at a passable level (well okay, not really. But like, I can get around the ice, and not fall over. I also skate like once a year, so I'd get better if I practiced it), just haven't ever played hockey aside from dicking around as a kid on the driveway.

(I don't know how serious this is)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads