• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boucher confirmed in net for game 2. Would like to send my condolences to Flyers fans; sorry your team didn't learn its lesson last year...

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Boucher confirmed in net for game 2. Would like to send my condolences to Flyers fans; sorry your team didn't learn its lesson last year...

eh.gif
frown.gif

guster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
that was a fun game to watch. B's look good and Thomas is en fuego.

It was a fun game to watch. Thomas was something else. As was Van Riemsdyk. He was simply too fast for the Bruins defense, which again was pinching down a lot to try to generate more offense.

Unlike the Montreal series, the Flyers controlled the majority of the game. They would have easily won if not for Thomas.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
^^

disagree, I think the B's had the Flyers on their heels plenty of times and easily could have converted on a number of their chances. Flyers played great in the third and some more in OT.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

disagree, I think the B's had the Flyers on their heels plenty of times and easily could have converted on a number of their chances. Flyers played great in the third and some more in OT.

Flyers dominated that game in all facets. The difference was Thomas, plain and simple.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington
Flyers dominated that game in all facets. The difference was Thomas, plain and simple.

but not during the entire game. B's had them on their heels plenty of times. Overally I thought Philly had a better game, but I do not believe they dominated.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but not during the entire game. B's had them on their heels plenty of times. Overally I thought Philly had a better game, but I do not believe they dominated.

I had this discussion with my friend at work today and aside from the shift where the Horton/Lucic line had the Flyers pinned in their own zone he couldn't think of another time when the Bruins were actually dominating the Flyers. I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the same shift as him.

Overall, the game stats tell the tale of the game -- (mostly) domination by Philly, great game by Thomas.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
perhaps. I remember a handful of very strong shifts from the B's, though they were mostly in the first two periods.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's why every team would kill to have a player like Ovechkin. He can do crap-all nothing for a few games then come out and totally change the face of a series in a period.

Wish the Habs had a guy like that.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Caps D was flustered in that third. Most of the Caps seemed out of position and a step behind as well. Backstrom was a ghost. Still, I though AO had a very strong game.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bruce Boudreau better get his CV polished up, looks like he'll be job hunting soon.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tampa is the hottest team in the playoffs. They've won six in a row and Boucher, who I wasn't sold on, is outcoaching Boudreau in every facet of the game. His guys have bought into his system and his lines are clicking.

If Roloson continues to be solid between the pipes this is a team that can reach the SCF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads