NHL 2010-2011 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ryoneo, Sep 23, 2010.

1. intent

intent Senior member

I'm at the Vancouver game right now. Can't believe this thing went to overtime. So far this series feels more like regular season than the playoffs. Not much intensity.
    You're at the Vancouver game? Want to send me a playoff towel? [​IMG]

2. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Philly was totally dominated today. Boston was far better prepared and they showed it. The Flyers scored some goals but the 7-3 final was reflective of how the game unfolded. The Flyers gave the Bruins way, way too much time through the neutral zone. The Habs showed the rest of the league how to beat Boston which is basically to force turnovers in the neutral zone and generate some transition offence, something the Flyers should theoretically be great at.

The good news for Flyers fans is that Philly often lays an egg (or two) per series so these types of blowouts are actually a fairly normal occurrence. They're a resilient team though and they'll be back. As soxpats said, this may be a long series.

3. Lord-Barrington

The Preds vs. Vancouver series has been terrible so far. Really, really boring. Even this 2OT is sort of a yawner.

4. Lord-Barrington

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

You're at the Vancouver game? Want to send me a playoff towel? [​IMG]

Sure. PM me your address.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

That was predictable. Omnomnomnom Preds gobble up the typical snack goal in the last 5 minutes because Van can't hold a shutout to save its life. If we'd bothered to play those 2 games like the ones at the end of the Chi series it would've been a massacre. If the boys wake up this will be over in 5 or 6. If not they deserve to lose just like they did tonight. Long story short, half-assed effort by just about everyone.

7. Lord-Barrington

That was predictable. Omnomnomnom Preds gobble up the typical snack goal in the last 5 minutes because Van can't hold a shutout to save its life. If we'd bothered to play those 2 games like the ones at the end of the Chi series it would've been a massacre. If the boys wake up this will be over in 5 or 6. If not they deserve to lose just like they did tonight. Long story short, half-assed effort by just about everyone.
    I wouldn't sell the Preds short. They lack talent on offence but they are incredibly hard working. Rinne is playing incredibly well, of course, but visiting teams will tell you that their main concern is getting a split on the road before heading back home. Anything can happen in Nashville. With that said, Vancouver is clearly the better team. Even their half assed effort tonight was almost good enough.

8. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

The predators were terrible all night. I don't know how Vancouver lost.

9. intent

intent Senior member

Rinne.

10. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

By being equally if not more terrible?

11. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

Rinne is very J-S Giguere-like during his two runs right now. He's ramping up to the level of his competition.

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

Is SJ the Red Wings kryptonite or something? Every time I hear about the Wings, they're kicking someone's ass all over the place, but this is ridiculous. Howard is playing pretty well (considering he's Howard), otherwise the score would be far more lopsided.

Also, Roli is the MAN.

13. vaalbara

vaalbara Senior member

there's no one in the hockey world that i dislike more than sidney crosby, but lecavelier is quickly becoming a close second...

14. intent

intent Senior member

there's no one in the hockey world that i dislike more than sidney crosby, but lecavelier is quickly becoming a close second...
    Why? The dude's been quiet all season.

15. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Why? The dude's been quiet all season.

Because he's captain clutch in the playoffs and proceeding to rape Washington..