• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Scafora Bespoke Damage

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Hideous simply hideous. They look like two aborted baby sea-lions.

I was shooting for aborted rabbits but I'll settle for sea-lions.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
... The prova on the seamless wholecuts was also dead-on with those scheduled to be delivered in January.
Now, those will be very interesting, no love for suede, sorry.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
Now, those will be very interesting, no love for suede, sorry.

Very, very nice.

But what about the reindeer hide commissions in the pipeline.

Will they be late for too Xmas? Those are going to be interesting!

BTW: If I had to choose between a Norwegian welt or beveling on shoes like these suede Scaforas, I would certainly choose the Norwegian welt. But, I guess you don't get a choice. Works out nicely.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Very, very nice.

But what about the reindeer hide commissions in the pipeline.

Will they be late for too Xmas? Those are going to be interesting!

BTW: If I had to choose between a Norwegian welt or beveling on shoes like these suede Scaforas, I would certainly choose the Norwegian welt. But, I guess you don't get a choice. Works out nicely.

Thanks A! The Cleverley reindeer should be here before Xmas/Hanukkah. I had a fitting in London a month or so ago and things were progressing nicely.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Among all the shoes I have seen that I would never thought to have ordered, I like this about the best. RJ's crazy Delos lace-ups are up there.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I has started to order a RL EG version of these at the mansion like 5 or so years ago. Enquired about 4 or 5 times about the status. I wanted a double sole and they wanted to confirm if it could be done. The confirmation never came. It was the "Pitney lawn" or some similar name. The Dover/ecton front seam with double monk straps.

Looking at these, it is obvious I should have followed up more seriously.

Very, very nice looking shoes. What kind of suede is it? Kudu suede would suit something like this well.

-

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am impressed by Scafora's execution of a more conservative finish and shape. If I ever decide to spend more than a few hundred bucks on another pair of shoes, I may head back to Naples. But I'll be the lone voice of dissent and say that I'm not fond of the configuration; the transition of the stitching from the front apron through to the side of the shoe seems unhappily resolved, as concealed by the forward monk strap.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those are awesome. They're so well balanced they look like a classic RTW design, though I've never seen something like them before.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Those are awesome. They're so well balanced they look like a classic RTW design, though I've never seen something like them before.

Saint Crispin's does a Norwegian double monk as a stock shoe:

- B

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the suede and the shape of the shoe.

I don`t like the busy configuration, with the double monk + heavy stitching + split toe.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Saint Crispin's does a Norwegian double monk as a stock shoe:

- B

But Andrew's is so much better executed in my opinion.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any makers that can do the hand-sewn aprons a la Dover besides EG & JLP? I saw many attempts by other makers, close but no cigar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads