• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Scafora Bespoke Damage

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bespoke suede double monks with Norwegian welt...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like these.

aragon765

Reaction score
Very nice.. how's the fit? I guess this is the shoe you buy when you own one of every other shoe produced in the last 15 years...

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I like these.
I do too, but I have to wait for the Thain of the Wobbling Seam to weigh in before I am certain.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
Very nice.. how's the fit?

I guess this is the shoe you buy when you own one of every other shoe produced in the last 15 years...

The fit is just great. The prova on the seamless wholecuts was also dead-on with those scheduled to be delivered in January.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I do too, but I have to wait for the Thain of the Wobbling Seam to weigh in before I am certain.

We give the Scafora thumbs up...even poncho guy in the back:

It's great to see a restrained example. Nice work, A...keep 'em coming (no, that is not a straight line for you edmorel.)

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I like these. My favorite aspect is that it is a Frankenstein's monster of design that looks natural, harmonious and well thought out. That is no small achievement.

Agreed. For the full Frankenstein, you need to go north of the boot.

- B

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice Andrew. Scafora really nailed this one!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Bespoke suede double monks with Norwegian welt...

These look very nice indeed.

One question - is the shape of the buckle strap different on the front buckle compared to the rear one? It looks like the front one has a slightly more blunted tip whereas the rear one is more tapered and pointed. I don't know if this is an effect of the photo angle or a deliberate choice, but if the latter, it's totally inspired!

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, I love them. The toe is more understated than its house style, did you specifically ask for this toe? Also notice there're no beveled waists, so Vass was telling me the truth - no beveled waist with Norwegian welt.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
One question - is the shape of the buckle strap different on the front buckle compared to the rear one? It looks like the front one has a slightly more blunted tip whereas the rear one is more tapered and pointed. I don't know if this is an effect of the photo angle or a deliberate choice, but if the latter, it's totally inspired!

Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Very nice, I love them. The toe is more understated than its house style, did you specifically ask for this toe? Also notice there're no beveled waists, so Vass was telling me the truth - no beveled waist with Norwegian welt.

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

To the questions above...

HF--the shape of the strap is uniform and anything suggesting otherwise is the result of the camera angle.

VR--I have worked with Paolo to find a toe shape that is more in keeping with my preferences but that still is "his". I think we were both pleased with this result. As to beveling a Norwegian welt, Paolo said no go, too.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
VR--I have worked with Paolo to find a toe shape that is more in keeping with my preferences but that still is "his". I think we were both pleased with this result. As to beveling a Norwegian welt, Paolo said no go, too.

While the waist isn't beveled, the instep sweeps in so nicely that I don't miss it in this shoe.

- B

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hideous simply hideous. They look like two aborted baby sea-lions.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.7%
  • 31 - 40