• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Mens Brand from Colorado

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Passed by Mas today and swung in to see what ELC they had left. Saw a chambray ($150), a soft brown flannel ($140), "sand" gauze scarf ($40), grey trousers ($240), and... maybe another piece or two. Flannel:
3834183247_f736625a33.jpg
It's much more subtle and less saturated in person. It's more of a brown than the green it appears to be in the photo. Chambray:
picture9wn.jpg
I was hoping for its darker denim-colored twin but still it had an interesting hand to it. Not sure about the functionality of the passants that run over the shoulder than parallel but maybe fasterstill can explain that.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini

Chambray:
picture9wn.jpg

I was hoping for its darker denim-colored twin but still it had an interesting hand to it. Not sure about the functionality of the passants that run over the shoulder than parallel but maybe fasterstill can explain that.

Do you mean the usability of them, or what purpose they serve? I was wondering what/why/how come/for what reason too...

Grounded in antiquity - maybe? But is it relevant?

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were originally used to put epaulets on the shoulders. I guess they are just for aesthetics now. Maybe you can find a couple more uses though. Suspenders through them wouldn't be a bad idea.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
They were originally used to put epaulets on the shoulders. I guess they are just for aesthetics now. Maybe you can find a couple more uses though. Suspenders through them wouldn't be a bad idea.

How would they put epaulets on? Curious about these long-forgotten touches.

Also, I can't see how they would hold suspenders in place (as opposed to epaulets) since they'd run parallell to the suspenders, not over them. Explain?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what passants are, thanks. Take a look at these, though, and see if you see anything different. Like I mentioned before, most passants are anchored from the neck out to the shoulder; these, on the other hand, go over the shoulder from the back of the shirt to the front.. You can't put suspenders through these as the loops run parallel to the suspender bands, not perpendicular like other passants.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Like I mentioned before, most passants are anchored from the neck out to the shoulder; these, on the other hand, go over the shoulder from the back of the shirt to the front..

Just to be clear - the passant is the little strap that holds the epaulette; the epaulette runs from the neck out to the shoulder. The straps on the shirt above could hold this epaulette, for instance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US...ulderboard.svg

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They have these vertically on repro aviator jackets. They served the function of strapping the parachute chords through them. I know this isn't a jacket but I think someone should buy a parachute and give it a shot with the shirt. They look riveted, so no dangers. Make a video.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Just to be clear - the passant is the little strap that holds the epaulette; the epaulette runs from the neck out to the shoulder. The straps on the shirt above could hold this epaulette, for instance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US...ulderboard.svg

Not trying to lose my patience but if that's a shoulderboard then it needs a passant like this:
mission_rewards-69.jpg

Take a look at the passant in the photo, please, people. Somatoform can't be the only one who's wearing his glasses/contacts/monocle tonight.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
They have these vertically on repro aviator jackets. They served the function of strapping the parachute chords through them. I know this isn't a jacket but I think someone should buy a parachute and give it a shot with the shirt. They look riveted, so no dangers. Make a video.

lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads