• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

mr. burns

Reaction score
just wish they didn't come pre-cuffed. not much of an annoyance but... i can cuff jeans myself, thanks.

Btabaska

Reaction score
I recently got a pair of these jeans, I really like them and would recommend them as a good cheap starter pair of jeans, I actually think they are a better starter pair than the Levis entry level jeans.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
for real, those look really good

Thanks!

Originally Posted by hamm23
Authentics look good, are they the selvedge version?

Thank you - I believe they are.

Originally Posted by mr. burns
just wish they didn't come pre-cuffed. not much of an annoyance but... i can cuff jeans myself, thanks.

Ha... you can just uncuff them.
smile.gif

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a pair of Gap Authentic fit Dark Rinse wash, but apparently those aren't the raws. Can you buy the Authentic raws anywhere? And do the Dark Rinse jeans fade at all?

-edit-
I just searched the site and it looks like they have two Rigid pairs of mens jeans - standard and skinny fit, but on sale and both only available in weird sizes. Were these new? Are they going to have rigid authentics on the website any time soon?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried on the raw authentics at the mall, very impressed with the fit of them tho the denim wasn't that impressive. very thin feeling... feels like a bit crappier APC denim

if i could find these for ~50 i would probably cop. any luck... the website doesnt sell 31x34.

any coupons floating around
also downsizing is necessary, waist runs big.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis
I'm interested in getting a pair of Gap Authentic fit Dark Rinse wash, but apparently those aren't the raws. Can you buy the Authentic raws anywhere? And do the Dark Rinse jeans fade at all?

-edit-
I just searched the site and it looks like they have two Rigid pairs of mens jeans - standard and skinny fit, but on sale and both only available in weird sizes. Were these new? Are they going to have rigid authentics on the website any time soon?

Search my posts in this thread. Every single fit with the exception of the Easy has a Rigid available. All of the Rigids are in store only at the moment. I know for a fact that Chicago Michigan Ave, NY 34th and Houston Galleria have every rigid fit right now. There are LOTS of other flagship level stores that have them as well, I am just telling you about ones I know have them.

The Rigid you saw online on sale are older models.

mr. burns

Reaction score
it's pretty damn easy to tell... but it says on the tag on the side.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, i've read through all 44 pages and didn't not find the answer to this question. i got the selvage authentic fit today in a 28x32. a 30 isn't quite long enough but the 32 is too long if i want to turn up just once and not gather. so my question is if i wash cold like the inside care suggests how much color and length will i lose? i want to bring the hem up but if i wait to wash i don't want to lose an inch a few months from now when i wash them and have a pair of capri pants. anyone with some experience washing these and the results, i would appreciate your insight.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say don't wash them. Just give em 1 inch single cuff. You won't lose much length when you wash for the first time. If you are really worried about that you can stand the the hems and pull up the waist to stretch them out after a wash.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Small was huge on me, I'm 5'8 149 pounds.

Ha, what I expected. Have you tried on the J. Crew chambray? I tried it on today and was extremely underwhelmed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads