• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

mr. burns

Reaction score
think i'm gonna look into getting my authentics tapered by a half inch or so. opening is too wide and drops below the heal sometimes. think it's currently 8".

cancel.sing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
yes it's tight at the thigh but the taper isn't dramatic through the knee and there's plenty of room at the calf. that's pretty much how a slim, straight jean should fit to me (ie KMW 1980). skinny jeans have a hem of <= 7"
I agree with you, my point was that they aren't skinny. That thigh measurement has to be off; I couldn't fit in a 9" thigh and I bought two sizes smaller than you did. I don't know, I'll measure mine when I finish moving and see.

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bossman08
Is the stretching worse than APCs?
I don't own a pair of APC's, but based on the stories I've heard, no. I think if I could have done it all over again, I might have tried squeezing into a 32, but I just don't know if that would have worked out well. I'm going to put a little more wear into these and see what happens. Like I mentioned, I'm hoping the trip through the dryer has done the trick and they won't stretch too badly in the waist again. I'll follow-up with another post when I find out.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constantine.
Yeah. I must have last seasons. No white letters, no blue button, tag on the inside says "1969 09" instead of "Fall 09".

Probably last seasons but theres ANOTHER tag lower in the leg that will tell you the actual season and style. It's not the 1969 09 tag.

I just checked my Spring 09 skinny and the tag is about 4 inches lower on the same side.

illumin8em

Reaction score
i put the two pair of new selvage authentics in the &quot;buy and sell&quot; if anyone is interested.

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr. burns
why not just wear a belt?

I don't mind belts in theory, but on lazy weekends I'm often in minimal effort mode, belts are one more part of an outfit I have to put on. (That's a terrible answer for this forum, I know, but it's the truth.
laugh.gif
)

It probably doesn't help that my one belt is a fairly hum-drum black leather $8 special from a flea market...I keep meaning to grab something nice from Tanner Goods.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TxdoHawk
I don't mind belts in theory, but on lazy weekends I'm often in minimal effort mode, belts are one more part of an outfit I have to put on. (That's a terrible answer for this forum, I know, but it's the truth.
laugh.gif
)

It probably doesn't help that my one belt is a fairly hum-drum black leather $8 special from a flea market...I keep meaning to grab something nice from Tanner Goods.

yea i'm pretty lazy and don't have an extensive shoes collection so i just keep the belt on the jeans even when they're hung up. usually wear black shoes so i just keep the same cheapo black belt on there until i wear my clarks.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks - I really, really like them. My first pair of raw jeans and, really, the first pair of jeans that fit well "out of the box".

Nice fit, but what boots do you have on?

hamm23

Reaction score
Authentics look good, are they the selvedge version?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads