• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need to find jeans with nice fade, help...

Jay687

Reaction score
Alright, I wear 30/30 levi 514 slim straight. So I do like slim and straight look, something like this fit:

http://www.supernaturalscoop.com/wp-...dean-ben-1.jpg
http://www.superheroprofiles.com/wp-...omwelling5.jpg

However, unlike my levi's, the above jeans are nicely faded. I am looking for a similar fit to Levi 514 or the pictures above (which might be slightly looser than mine) that have a more faded look.

Also, my budget is 50 bucks per pair of jeans.

I do want something similar in colors to the above picture (one being dark and one being kinda medium blue). However, also would like a black pair, and a lighter pair. Hell, maybe I'll grab a pair of med/dark blue ones with rips like the ones in that above picture... never had any with rips before.

Anyway, I was glad to find a fit I liked with Levi 514, but now I realize that other than the dark pair I have (which have a decent fade), they just are too bleh. I dunno, I like the faded wear look... adds something to the jeans that a solid color doesn't.

Help appreciated.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
50 bucks...

well, you could try to find some more 514's on ebay.

If you are wanting pre-distressed you might try Abercrombie and Fitch. Their jeans are of the quality you are gonna find in a pair of jeans with an MSRP of around 50.

Jay687

Reaction score
I dunno about the above levi's... not a fan of bootcut jeans. Plus, still not enough fade.

I'll look in A&F since I do want pre-distressed, I know there are some jeans wear you buy 'em and they wear as time goes on, but those are expensive and don't care to wait for them to get how I want them.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay687
I dunno about the above levi's... not a fan of bootcut jeans. Plus, still not enough fade.

I'll look in A&F since I do want pre-distressed, I know there are some jeans wear you buy 'em and they wear as time goes on, but those are expensive and don't care to wait for them to get how I want them.

Where are you located? I'd suggest hitting a Nordstrom Rack if available, or if you're near a Barney's, they have a great sale now including lots of denim.

Jay687

Reaction score
I'm in Westchester County, so there is a Nordstrom in White Plains.

Where is there a Barneys in this area?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, a regular Nordstrom won't do you any good, you need the Rack (their discount store). As far as a Barney's, just head into NYC and check out the main one on Madison. However, I'd do it in the next week, as the sale stuff is already pretty well picked over. When you're there, maybe check out any Earnest Sewn they have on sale, as they do some nice pre-distressed denim. Also some Nudies.

Jay687

Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the heads up...

And I will say that the AF jeans are nice, some of them definitely have the look I'm going for. Unfortunately, the better styled ones are all boot-cut and not straight-legged.
frown.gif
And considering I am short, boot-cut jeans always look bad and too baggy.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think anything from A&F looks horrible. oh well. stick with levi's, i'd rather get a pair of those than A&F.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay687
Okay, thanks for the heads up...

And I will say that the AF jeans are nice, some of them definitely have the look I'm going for. Unfortunately, the better styled ones are all boot-cut and not straight-legged.
frown.gif
And considering I am short, boot-cut jeans always look bad and too baggy.

Ummm...well....ok?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might as well take a look at some washed Nudies over at Denim Bar.

Jay687

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
i think anything from A&F looks horrible. oh well. stick with levi's, i'd rather get a pair of those than A&F.

Well, not sure how they look when on, but from the site, with the exception of the ones that are overdone, they are far less plain than levi jeans. I like my levis, but I just wanna get something that has more of a fade and looks less plain.

And where/what is Denim Bar? Never heard of the store, though will look tos eee if there is one online.

Also, arne't nudies expensive?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads