• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need to buy a new car-suggestions

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
What about BMW or Mercedes has more soul?

They don't bore you to death like a Lexus. The driving dynamics of a BMW is its soul. No matter how much the exterior changes, they will always drive like a BMW.

--Andre

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
A5 Ftw!

S5 is teh sex, but I hate how Audis drive.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
They don't bore you to death like a Lexus. The driving dynamics of a BMW is its soul. No matter how much the exterior changes, they will always drive like a BMW.

--Andre

I concede, you are right.

Although, nothing gets my scrotum to tingle and harden like the purr of an Aston Martin.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
S5 is teh sex, but I hate how Audis drive.
Have you driven an RS4? Though I no longer dislike BMWs either.

bkk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
A5 Ftw!

A5 looks decent, but the A4 is a better, more spirited drive.

Back to the "soul" comment, are we talking about MB before or after they were Daimler Chrysler? What an American POS the C series has been for the past handful of years (sans 2009 models, I haven't driven them). Then again, its not a Lexus. Most bland "luxury" cars I've ever driven. Even the IS-F is fairly blase. If nothing else, the traction control that over-reacts and beeps takes all of the enjoyment out of it.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
A5 looks decent, but the A4 is a better, more spirited drive. Back to the "soul" comment, are we talking about MB before or after they were Daimler Chrysler? What an American POS the C series has been for the past handful of years (sans 2009 models, I haven't driven them). Then again, its not a Lexus. Most bland "luxury" cars I've ever driven. Even the IS-F is fairly blase. If nothing else, the traction control that over-reacts and beeps takes all of the enjoyment out of it.
C63 AMG is wonderful.
07_c63.jpg
09_c63.jpg
20_c63.jpg
Love the Alcantara...

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by millionaire75
So, it looks like I will have to replace my 1999 328i after only 163K miles. I've had nothing but trouble with this car since I bought it pre-owned in 2002 (with 30k miles on it). I'm a little hesitant to go with another BMW after my negative experience but I'm not really sure I like any other cars out there. Anyone else have similar experiences with BMW? Or any suggestions?
Well, what do you want? Are you looking for something more sporty or more luxury? Does it have to have a back set? Price range? etc...

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am partial to bimmers so with that being said, E46 M3 or E39 M5. Both are pre-bangle so they have that classic understated yet still sexy bimmer styling. Oh and they go like stink.

You can find good low mileage ones for under 30Gs. 2cents

millionaire75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
Well, what do you want? Are you looking for something more sporty or more luxury? Does it have to have a back set? Price range? etc...

4 doors not necessary. Looking for a more sporty car (we don't have kids and my wife has an SUV). Looking at the 3 series price range (no more expensive than that). I think the new Audis look great but I have heard multiple horror stories of them having problems....and when I say multiple I mean the minute I say "audi" the first thing out of people's mouths is "oh, I have heard awful things about them".....lol.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 doors not necessary. Looking for a more sporty car (we don't have kids and my wife has an SUV). Looking at the 3 series price range (no more expensive than that). I think the new Audis look great but I have heard multiple horror stories of them having problems....and when I say multiple I mean the minute I say "audi" the first thing out of people's mouths is "oh, I have heard awful things about them".....lol.

People say that all the time about the both BMW, Mercedes, and Audi. My BMW has been more reliable than my previous Hondas. Go figure.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ohh no. We have just bought an Audi TT and I was going to suggest that as an alternative.

There is very little choice in small coupes we were looking and the TT, Alfa Brea, and at a slightly higher price Porche Cayman were the only ones that appealed. There is always the Nissan 370Z but its not the same sort of thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads