• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need Opinions - Can I pull off these sunglasses?

Can I rock these?

• Keep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WollaWolla

Reaction score
I recently got a pair of Aviators on sale, and wanted some feedback if they work, or if I should go another direction. I've always been drawn towards this type of eye-wear, and even the history behind the frames is interesting. Obviously, some sunglasses work better with some faces than others. Maybe a smaller size?

Let me know how these work (good or bad). Like I said, I got these cheap, so it's no big deal if they don't work. Feedback on what type of frames would work if these don't

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're probably wondering why no one has replied to your question. I think that it's odd when people post a poll for their very first post on the forum. Nobody knows you and nobody cares enough to vote, would be my guess. That's certainly true for me, anyway. I'm a newbie here myself and I wouldn't dream of posting a poll. It seems, oh, I don't know, narcissistic.

Here's my two cents: the sunglasses are a bit big on your face. You would do better with a smaller version. Also, the all-black style of aviator is a bit dated to my eye. In my opinion, if you're going to acquire a classic style of sunglasses (in this case aviators), then get the original, which would be Ray-Ban. Folks will tell you that Ray-Ban isn't what it used to be, and that may be true, but they are still the original. Get the gold frames with green lenses. If that's not the look you're after, get something else. Look at American Optical or Randolph Engineering for current-issue military style aviators.

On the other hand, if you like them, wear them. That's all that counts. You don't need a forum poll to tell you what to do.

WollaWolla

Reaction score
Is the whole community on the forum like this?

Only the first post gave genuine feedback to my question, the rest seem to be "trolling". I was hoping for a more mature group of individuals.

The.The whole reason I asked the question is sunglasses work better on some than on others. I wanted to start increasing my wardrobe with more fashionable items instead of a t-shirt and jeans. I figured accessories like sunglasses would be an easy place to start.

Andy57, I do appreciate the feedback and will look into smaller frames and your other suggestions.

Last edited:

BrooksLauren77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Don't take GBR too seriously, that's just his style. I agree with Andy57, those frames are too broad for your face.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads