• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help selecting a belt

Pupil

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to styleforum. I need some advice on selecting two ferragamo belt. It is great that Nordstrom give a picture of a closeup of the leather. I am looking for one that can last longer in terms of the leather quality, since I like both belts. I am a rookie and I am willing to accept any advice on belt or leather quality or belt buckles. I have copy and pasted the links to the two belts below:

Reversible Calfskin Leather Belt
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/salvato...n=category-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=NERO

Reversible Calfskin Belt
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/salvato...-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=BLACK/ HICKORY

Last edited:

Jim Chu

Reaction score
Honestly, the belt quality on those belts are junk. It's the buckle that you're paying for. The buckles are removable and can fit most belts.

And to me, those belts fit squarely in the category of....well fashion.... and this forum is devoted to style.

I stopped wearing my Ferragamo belts as soon as I learned more about style and noticed that every 20 year old Tom, Dick and Harry was wearing one that they picked up at an outlet store.

My advice, don't buy either. You'll just look like everyone else.

Last edited:

Jim Chu

Reaction score
It's difficult to give belt advice as it's such a personal preference item. Most people on this forum would probably do something different. I, personally, hardly ever wear belts anymore except on the weekends.

I find that nice belts cost lots of money. If Brooks Brothers is at your disposal (they are most likely just as good as anyone in their price range), try and get one on sale, it should match your shoes fairly closely. If you're just starting out, the reversible ones are probably a good idea - black on one side and brown on the other.

Try ding a search on this forum and see if others have asked this question before and maybe you'll get a range of ideas.

Jim Chu

Reaction score
I just looked at Yoox and they have a decent selection of belts within a wide price range.

Last edited:

Pupil

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I do work within a walking distance to brooksbrother. The problem I am having with my belts is either the leather start ripping, splitting, or crack very quickly. I guess since I was thinking about spending above $200 on a quality belt that can last, I will not have to worry about buying belts for a while.

Last edited:

Pupil

Reaction score
Wow. Awesome belt website and thread. I thinking about the Aspley Bridle Leather Belt or The Stratfield Bridle Leather Belt Kit. Thank you WAYWARD. I was checking out some full grain belts and the caiman crocodile belt and I was leaning on the caiman crocodile belt but you sold me on the equusleather. I live in the New York but it seems like its worth the wait and since it is handcraft I doubt I will have to return it due to quality issue. Thanks.

Pupil

Reaction score
he aspley is sold out I actually wanted the aspley in black and silver buckle and I wanted The Stratfield Bridle Leather Belt in some other color like brown/tan because the buckle. Since I don't have any other choice I am going with the The Stratfield Bridle Leather Belt in black with a silver buckle but the silver buckle is sold out.
mad.gif
. I do not know about the brass buckle with it since I think it stands out too much. The Ruthenium looks like gun metal and I do not know about that. Its for everyday wear in the office. Sigh, perhaps I wait until they restock...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads