• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need advise

Closer

Reaction score
I bought a pair of 600.00 Church's at the Saks in the Galleria, Houston, last weekend. They were on sale 40% off. I was so excited I think I lost my receipt.

Today, the second time wearing them I start hearing a creaking sound. After inspecting them it seems the heels are coming off both shoes. I am really pissed because I do not have a receipt. I paid with a debit/check card.

I guess I have to go back to Saks. I feel like they might tell me to get screwed with no receipt though.

A.K.A.

Reaction score
Print the receipt from your online transaction registry. Clean off the shoes, put them in the Church's box and take the shoes to the salesperson at Saks who sold them to you. If that person is not there ask for the manager. Do not be deterred. Aslo, be very polite, yet don't back down. In this economy, they can't afford to lose a customer.

Good luck.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They should have a record of the transaction if you have the card. You should definitely go back, the sooner the better. Best if you go back this w/e at approx. the same time as when you bought them, to maximize the chances that whoever assisted you will be there again and might remember you. But seriously, if this is a CC transaction, it should not be an issue. Sak's is not some two-bit place.

Closer

Reaction score
Talked to Saks on the phone. I explained the situation, no receipt. They put a replacement pair on hold and said "Just bring the credit card, and the original box, we will take care of it.

I am going to take them up on their offer and just exchange for the same shoe. There are very few English made, goodyear welted shoes at my Saks.

I am very happy with Saks, but this may be the last pair of Church's.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Closer
Talked to Saks on the phone. I explained the situation, no receipt. They put a replacement pair on hold and said "Just bring the credit card, and the original box, we will take care of it.

I am going to take them up on their offer and just exchange for the same shoe. There are very few English made, goodyear welted shoes at my Saks.

I am very happy with Saks, but this may be the last pair of Church's.

This sounds very good, and what I would expect from Saks or any retailer for that matter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads