• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need advice on Suit AND Tux

faerie826

Reaction score
Hi All,

Would like to get some cutting advice. Just got back from the tailor for a navy suit and a navy tux. Hola Classics in Hong Kong if anyone's interested. This is just the first fitting. Hopefully the photos are clear! Both sleeves are a tad too short and will be let down. The back will also be slightly slimmer and the leg will also be a bit shorter. Standing at 5,4.

Please see:

Navy TUX:
Yh3GXV4.jpg

wHFdvoY.jpg
c7B9MHC.jpg
I4Rlpxg.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/w5wca

Navy Suit
fL34d6L.jpg

SFx5NdI.jpg
1cznhO7.jpg

More photos:
http://imgur.com/a/X52ee

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The Millennial Gentleman

Reaction score
Those both looks pretty good except for the things you pointed out...mainly the jacket sleeves.

The tux looks good. Its funny, it looks to fit well on the shoulders from the front, but from the back the shoulders look a little wide. Just make sure that fits. I (personally) would like to see a slightly less tapered trouser leg on the tux. something that comes a little farther on the shoe but hangs about where you have it hanging. I think that would look a little more proper and a little less "trendy" which is not what you are aiming for with a tux.

The navy suit looks great. I really see no issues with that one at all.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gentleman is right about the pants.

Unfortunately, the jackets are short. Probably equally so, if made with the same pattern. There probably isn't anything that can be done. Some will say that's the modern look, but with a little gain in effect it will become even shorter and embarrassing.

Tacosauce

Reaction score
The shoulders on from the back looks to be too wide. Something isn't fitting right. This is causing the taper down your back to look exaggerated.

IChen

Reaction score
Is it just me or is it a little tight across the back waist? The pictures just look super weird, like the shoulders bulge out and go into like a triangle, especially on the tux. Pants look like a little awkward from the back?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads