• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino Suit Fit Check + Alterations advice

wilsun007

Reaction score
Hi Styleforum members,

I'm new to wearing suits & just purchased an Indochino tux online for a wedding. Wondering if there's any glaring fit issues that need to be addressed when I take it in to get altered. I've seen the expertise of this community in previous threads and was hoping to get some feedback on my suit.

Issues
1) Pants are way too tight when sitting. I don't think they can fix this with alterations, and the wedding is in 10 days, so there's no enough time to remake it...Any advice on staying within their 10 day guarantee but also having a pair of pants to wear for the wedding, would be appreciated.

2) Suit shoulders don't seem right

Anything else that should be altered, please lmk, and much appreciated.

Link to video:

Attachments

• PXL_20230913_013717917.jpg
    PXL_20230913_013717917.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20230913_013736436.jpg
    PXL_20230913_013736436.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 290
  • PXL_20230913_013806392.jpg
    PXL_20230913_013806392.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 299

Nelton

Reaction score
Hi Styleforum members,

I'm new to wearing suits & just purchased an Indochino tux online for a wedding. Wondering if there's any glaring fit issues that need to be addressed when I take it in to get altered. I've seen the expertise of this community in previous threads and was hoping to get some feedback on my suit.

Issues
1) Pants are way too tight when sitting. I don't think they can fix this with alterations, and the wedding is in 10 days, so there's no enough time to remake it...Any advice on staying within their 10 day guarantee but also having a pair of pants to wear for the wedding, would be appreciated.

2) Suit shoulders don't seem right

Anything else that should be altered, please lmk, and much appreciated.

Link to video:

First off, congrats on the wedding!

Onto the tux…What fabric is it? It looks very shiny and thin. I’d also say arms are way too slim as the cuffs are poking out. Moreover the back doesn’t look great either. Can you get someone to take photos for you instead of holding the phone?

If you can send it back I’d suggest trying something else as you want to feel comfortable on your big day.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never used Indochino but it looks like their policy is that garments can only be remade or returned for credit (not cash) if they are unworn and unaltered (tags still on). If so, you don't have all that many options. Actually, only two as far as I can imagine.

1. try to alter the tuxedo for your wedding but it sounds like remake/refund for store credit will be out
2. get a RTW suit or tuxedo for your wedding and have the Indochino tux remade or credited for a future occasion. Do you already own a suit that fits you well?

My two cents - there are issues with the tux that I don't think are going to be addressable by alteration, BUT -- you only have 10 days and so you have to be realistic. If a tailor sees enough room in the seam inlays of the trousers to be able to let them out enough for you to be able to sit down comfortably, then that would be a viable option. From the front the jacket fits passably well. You should definitely wear it with a cummerbund. But I would still consider option 2.

If the trousers cannot be let out enough for you to sit comfortably, then you have to go with (2). If you don't already have a suit that fits, you don't look like a particularly difficult build for RTW unless you are unusually tall or short -- you should be able to find something RTW that fits better than that tuxedo. But you must look now, because you will need to have some minor alterations (trousers hemmed at least, maybe jacket sleeves adjusted).

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a total mess. You need to return this back to Indochino and get your money back asap. I can't believe this company is still in business. You've got 10 days left before your wedding. My suggestion is to find a local shop that carries tuxedos and pay the rush fee for a tailor to adjust to your size. Otherwise, rent a tuxedo.

A12321

Reaction score
I know Indochino gets alot of hate around here and I totally understand why. I have experience with Indochino. My first purchase was in 2018 and I thought it was good suit. It was back when I was into the super-slim look. Fast forward to 2022, I gave them another shot with 4 suits. To be honest with you, I hate them all. Every single one had issues with 2 of them being have to be remade and 1 of them was unable to be remade because the fabric went out of stock. One of them came in the wrong color - a much lighter blue than shown in the store and on the site, but the store convinced me it is the same color and there is something wrong with me. One remake came in too long so they convinced me to allow their tailor to shorten it. I begrudgingly agreed, and while the length was now suitable, the button stance looked too low, the bottom edge of the pockets looked too close to the bottom hem, and the rear vents looked too short. So they remade it again but this time around 2.5 inches too short. Then they made it again with a better length while still too short but acceptable. So I now have this 5th suit which also came in messed up and at that point I finally gave up. I still have all 4 and hate them. I might put them on eBay just to clear them out of my closet.

I was in that store maybe 20 times from October to February of this year and I regret it all. It taught me a lot about what I like and how things should fit, but it was all a terrible experience.

With that said, I think your suit needs a total remake. It is a bit short, too tight in the chest, arms and back, and the shoulders are messed up. Pants can be salvaged by a tailor 90% of the time as they usually leave enough fabric to go up at least 1 full size.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads