• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a quality gift for a (newborn) baby girl - help/suggestions please!

drunkmonk36

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Turning to this classy forum again for a few suggestions.

My best friend's wife has just had a baby girl. Being uncle, I'd like to get a nice gift that would not be so common here in Australia.

They are a pretty classy couple and like the finer things in life (handmade, bespoke etc).

They already have the best pram money can buy and his sister would have bought up half the shops over here in Adelaide.

Any help is appreciated with some online links to items from overseas. Could still be items such as Bunny rugs, Jumpsuits etc, just after something half-unique. Funny catchphrase clothing is always a bonus! :)

Thanks as always.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll tell you what we got a lot of and didn't use - really expensive single outfits with lace and so on, a sterling rattle, baby jewelry.

my suggestions

1. ask the mother to ear mark a big ticket item that you can buy, she has probably done the research and knows what she wants

2. spa day for the mother

3. investment for the girl - I was at a wedding a while back, and a friend of the father of the groom stood up and toasted the couple with a bottle of 25 year old scotch that he had put away when the groom was born, and handed him a check for an investment he had made for him when he was born, that was pretty ******* cool

4. a shitload of colorful cotton clothes from a place like india or Thailand. - I used to buy this really colorful stuff that nobody else had, that was really cool. not fancy, it was cheap cotton stuff, but very colorful.

drunkmonk36

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I didn't mean over the top items that will never get used, just something a bit better made, maybe custom?

The investment idea is great and something I may consider in the future, however, I need something physical to order and arrive within a couple of weeks.

Looking at Little Giraffe blankets and Bel Bambini at the moment.

Any others?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the parents outdoorsy types? If so, a nice baby backpack is an awesome gift, and allows the parents to take the kid on hikes and camping and such.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads