• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a minor for architecture major

kungapa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I would imagine it has nothing to do with computer programming but more about using specific computer programs (modelling/CAD most likely I would assume).

I can't imagine may situations in which an architect would be writing out something in C++. Maybe using scripting languages built into other tools to perform specific tasks (so a little very basic CS could be helpful) but nothing along the lines of "real" programming.

For a minor, this is the only advice you need:
Take whatever the **** you want. Find something you enjoy or that interests you. Find something that will be hard to pick up after you graduate (a spanish minor will get you far more than trying to take some crappy once a week class for an hour after work at the language acquisition center).
This whole thing is about making you a better person not preparing you for a specific career. Since you are pursueing a professional program, that part becomes more about a career so why not use your minor to do something fun/different (or just take classes you find interesting and say screw the minor since exactly zero people will care about your minor after you graduate).

You'd be surprised - but it is usually rather niche work.

Also, if it is design you want to get into, be sure to master the digital modelling tools - especially Rhino at the moment, preferably with a solid understanding of Grasshopper.

bingebag

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kungapa
Also, if it is design you want to get into, be sure to master the digital modelling tools - especially Rhino at the moment, preferably with a solid understanding of Grasshopper.

Not pushing Revit/Tekla on the kids yet?

summej2

Reaction score
FWIW, it seems to me that new building systems and other nonvisual aspects of design (e.g., acoustics and climate) are going to be the areas where architecture really grows over the next few decades. Energy demands combined with the aging population are going to create new needs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads