• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy blazer with white trim worth of wearing?

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Give your kids a rainbow array of watercolor paints and have them paint the white fringe. Now that would be cool. Or, take the jacket to a great tailor and ask them to dye the fringe - either the same color as the rest or perhaps a slightly different color.

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I didn't see the original one, but this looks fine. Wear it casually by the coast with light chinos and a T. You could even go the full 'Prisoner' look:
the_prisoner_patrick_mcgoohan%20(2).jpg

The Prisoner was my immediate thought as well. Light weight, light coloured strides, soft cotton on linen shirt, loafers and you're good for a sunny summer evening beside the sea. I'd probably avoid wearing around Portmerion or whilst driving a Lotus 7 though.

SVC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
I'd wear it. In fact, I want to buy one myself.

Based on the tag in the photo in the OP, it appears to be made by Rugby. However, they don't appear to be carrying it right now.

Anyone else selling a blazer like this right now?

H&M is.

mjphillips

Reaction score
I saw a sharp Euro looking gent wearing that jacket at Eataly NYC with a white shirt and nice jeans....looked good. Clearly not SF approved but most ppl will probably think it's a fun piece.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hattori_gonzo

Reaction score

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you just say it was Ralph Lauren to begin with? Everyone could have said they loved it and "wear it in good health" and this thread would have been done on the first page.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads