• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Name one song *everyone* should dl RIGHT NOW

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only one song? Ouch...today it's...

Two-Headed Boy - Neutral Milk Hotel

Though the album should be listened to in its entirety.

In an Aeroplane Over the Sea is like a piece of dark abstract art. For those with whom it resonates it will leave an everlasting impression in their soul. For those with whom it does not, it will seem a jumbled, senseless mess seemingly recorded by a 12 year old.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somewhere in the midst of the Beatle's album poll thread, someone expressed doubt that any of them were superior to "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys. Having destroyed my "Pet Sounds" CD (left in a hot car or something) I was moved to download it from iTunes and since then don't pass many days without listening to it or at least "God Only Knows", which would be my nominee for immediate dl.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
Somewhere in the midst of the Beatle's album poll thread, someone expressed doubt that any of them were superior to "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys. Having destroyed my "Pet Sounds" CD (left in a hot car or something) I was moved to download it from iTunes and since then don't pass many days without listening to it or at least "God Only Knows", which would be my nominee for immediate dl.
That's funny, because I always felt like Pet Sounds was the great rock (well pop, really) record from that era that never gets talked about with the White Album, St. Pepper's, Blood on the Tracks, Dark Side of the Moon, etc. It's some pretty great **** (and its influences in modern music is pretty apparent), and I will also recommend "I Know There's An Answer" as a great track that doesn't see constant oldies station play.

jett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
If for some reason you don't have it, it is required. One of the best songs ever created, Let it Be by the Beatles.

Let it Bleed by the Stones is better.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are my contributions, go ahead and critisize them but I'll stand by them because I love them so much.

Mr. Right by Mickey Avalon, because it's so out there yet catchy.

Isobel by Bjork, because it's the first "weird" song I've ever listened to.

Penelope cover by Saosin, because in my opinion it's superior to the original by Pinback (which is still really, really good)

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Isobel by Bjork, because it's the first "weird" song I've ever listened to.
If you think that's weird, the rest of her stuff will be quite a shock because that's pretty close to about as "normal" as Bjork gets.

capnpyro

Reaction score
Since it's the internet and we can have both audio AND video, I'll go with the best music video of all time; Prodigy's Smack My ***** Up -

naapa

Reaction score
Alizee - Moi lolita

Greatness!

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
an old 60s soul tune....The Flirtations "Nothing but a Heartache". I need to hear this song at least 1x/day

Nothing But A Heartache

This is great. The Dtroit Cobras do a nice version on the new album, but I still like the original best...
smile.gif

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damian Marley's Confrontation

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads