• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not go with the basted fitting it was straight to finish. I was mainly underwhelmed because of the fact that it was not a double breasted and it did not feel like a quality garment. Interestingly when I went for the fitting I was wearing an Lanieri suit, which It tooks about one extra tweak from my local tailor to get the fit right but Divij was impressed with the fit of the Jacket and pretty much mirrored his fit to it which I can definately see. However, he did not like the low rise of Lanieri's pants and adjusted them on my suit which I will have to get use to as I liked the low rise.

I can say that he pretty much nailed the fit aside from the wider pants legs but again, not worth $1,450. The suits I purchased years ago from Enzo in Westminster MD feel more bespoke than this and I only paid $500 back in the day.

I guess I expected too much. It is by no means a bad suit, it is just underwhelming.

Honest question - what does ‘feel more bespoke’ mean?

Also, can you specify what things ‘don’t feel like a quality garment’ about it?

beowolf

Reaction score
The fabric felt rough considering it was VBC super 110 and the feel did not seem premium to me. Maybe it will feel better once I get it pressed but it just felt off to me.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fabric felt rough considering it was VBC super 110 and the feel did not seem premium to me. Maybe it will feel better once I get it pressed but it just felt off to me.
I thought your gripe was the craftsmanship and that the make wasn’t up to par. It’s the fabric that you picked that you don’t like now?

beowolf

Reaction score
Honest question - what does ‘feel more bespoke’ mean?

Also, can you specify what things ‘don’t feel like a quality garment’ about it?
Divij mentioned that this is a hand made suit so in my mind I expected an upgrade to my previous MTM suits and honestly I am not seeing it which is why I made the 'quality garment' comment. I guess my expectation for a suit of this nature was inflated. It is not a bad suit, it just feels average.

beowolf

Reaction score
I thought your gripe was the craftsmanship and that the make wasn’t up to par. It’s the fabric that you picked that you don’t like now?
It is more than that, as I mentioned earlier the pants are too wide and the feel of the interior seems odd. I do not have a problem with the overall fit. The pants just need an adjustment. The buttons also feel cheap compared to my other suits. But everything else is ok.

Again, I expected a bit better for the price I paid. That's all.

beowolf

Reaction score
I like the fabric pattern, it just feels stiffer than the sample.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I’m sure we’ve all been there in one way or the other: tried out a new maker we didn’t live, made extreme a stylistic choice, reflexively picked a fabric without thinking it through

Part of it is living and learning for the next time

beowolf

Reaction score
Honestly, I’m sure we’ve all been there in one way or the other: tried out a new maker we didn’t live, made extreme a stylistic choice, reflexively picked a fabric without thinking it through

Part of it is living and learning for the next time
Very true. It is a learning experience for sure.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the fabric pattern, it just feels stiffer than the sample.
The sample is 1 layer of cloth, there’s no canvas and has been handled, bent and touched probably 5,000 times give or take.

Hope you can enjoy your suit. Take a breather and don’t overthink things or imagine what they should feel like because in the most polite way I can say this, you’re not qualified to make those judgements.

beowolf

Reaction score
The sample is 1 layer of cloth, there’s no canvas and has been handled, bent and touched probably 5,000 times give or take.

Hope you can enjoy your suit. Take a breather and don’t overthink things or imagine what they should feel like because in the most polite way I can say this, you’re not qualified to make those judgements.
Thanks, but I do have an idea of what a good suit feels like. I will see after I get things pressed.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Fair enough. But the fabric isn't really part of the suit's craftsmanship, though. You could conceivably get an ultra-expensive tweed from a Savile Row "pure bespoke" firm that would cost several multiples of Divij and it would still feel rough.

Regarding your trousers, Divij's style leans more towards a classic look. That means wider trouser leg openings, less tight chest on jackets. That's why I, personally, I like his work. Others may prefer a different style. If you want a narrower trouser leg opening, I'm sure he'd be able to alter.

On the box, I'd honestly prefer to get a standard FedEx box so that I have to pay less for my suit than a fancy box that means paying more. At the end of the day, FedEx is going to shake everything up any way and I'll have to get it pressed regardless.

Get it pressed. Try it out with an open mind. Take it do Divij to discuss potential alterations. In the end, if you still don't like it, don't think of it as a mistake. Think of it as an experience. :)

beowolf

Reaction score
Fair enough. But the fabric isn't really part of the suit's craftsmanship, though. You could conceivably get an ultra-expensive tweed from a Savile Row "pure bespoke" firm that would cost several multiples of Divij and it would still feel rough.

Regarding your trousers, Divij's style leans more towards a classic look. That means wider trouser leg openings, less tight chest on jackets. That's why I, personally, I like his work. Others may prefer a different style. If you want a narrower trouser leg opening, I'm sure he'd be able to alter.

On the box, I'd honestly prefer to get a standard FedEx box so that I have to pay less for my suit than a fancy box that means paying more. At the end of the day, FedEx is going to shake everything up any way and I'll have to get it pressed regardless.

Get it pressed. Try it out with an open mind. Take it do Divij to discuss potential alterations. In the end, if you still don't like it, don't think of it as a mistake. Think of it as an experience. :)
Thanks, I appreciate that. I will sleep on it and see how i feel once it is pressed. It does have a more classic feel similar to some of my older suits so I will get use to it I guess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads