• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I decided this morning to be prudent and say no to the tux.

And thenjust a few minutes ago found out I will have another black tie event in December. I don't think it'd get turned around in time....
Do midnight barathea and not a mohair blend. You’ll be happier over time. Schofield and Smith makes my favorite barathea for a tuxedo. Then decide on grosgrain or silk/satin. Do grosgrain. Both decisions of barathea and grosgrain look better in pictures because they absorb light less than reflect light. Shiny lapels and mohair look best if you’re in the “Rat Pack”
Do you want a vest with a scooped opening or conventional opening with 3 buttons? Ask for extra buttons because covered buttons with a metal shank tend to cut the thread and fall off.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The option is to cut the facing from the top of lapel and end it an inch it two below the button. Use a different cloth for the facing from that point to the hem. saves enough cloth that it may work. Doesn’t take away from the integrity of the garment in any way. It’s a discussion to have with them. May not occur to them as a way to save cloth. Eliminating side or center vent will save cloth too.
I'll mention that, thank you! And it's gonna be a dinner jacket, so no vents or pocket flaps.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll mention that, thank you! And it's gonna be a dinner jacket, so no vents or pocket flaps.
Flaps or no flaps doesn’t make a difference. You use the same amount of cloth for the pocket facing When you don’t make a flap.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do midnight barathea and not a mohair blend. You’ll be happier over time. Schofield and Smith makes my favorite barathea for a tuxedo. Then decide on grosgrain or silk/satin. Do grosgrain. Both decisions of barathea and grosgrain look better in pictures because they absorb light less than reflect light. Shiny lapels and mohair look best if you’re in the “Rat Pack”
Do you want a vest with a scooped opening or conventional opening with 3 buttons? Ask for extra buttons because covered buttons with a metal shank tend to cut the thread and fall off.
Thanks. I think I want the scooped opening. Do you have any examples of tuxes you've done that you can share that you like a lot?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks. I think I want the scooped opening. Do you have any examples of tuxes you've done that you can share that you like a lot?
Did a scooped vest for Newcomer, might be a picture in his thread.
Did the other style for brax and he’s posted pictures from his wedding.
don’t take many pictures of what gets made up for clients.
Picture, not a good one, of a midnight tux on a mannequin on my IG page.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did a scooped vest for Newcomer, might be a picture in his thread.
Did the other style for brax and he’s posted pictures from his wedding.
don’t take many pictures of what gets made up for clients.
Picture, not a good one, of a midnight tux on a mannequin on my IG page.
Those were good. Thanks.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got back from visiting with Divij. The main purpose of the visit was to introduce my son to him. He just turned 29 and for his birthday I told him I’d have him a custom jacket made.

Of course while I was there I decided to get a new dinner jacket for myself as well. ?‍♂️

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As this is the Hemrajani thread, here's a scooped front vest made by Hemrajani/Divij Bespoke.
IMG_2158.jpeg

nevaeh

Reaction score
I don’t post personal pictures here often—but I thought this was special enough to merit a post. I recently had my oath ceremony to become a naturalized U.S. citizen (after being in the country for 20+ years). I wore a Divij suit especially made for this occasion. Divij added a really nice detail on the inside.

The shirt’s from CEGO, and @Shirtmaven had absolutely the most perfect button for the occasion.

To me, this is the value of building relationships with such wonderful artisans—both Carl and Divij recognized the importance of this occasion and used their creativity to match its gravity.

Attachments

• 64FC290C-525A-4874-92EC-A794E439B396.jpeg
    64FC290C-525A-4874-92EC-A794E439B396.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 4F3DDD4B-87BA-4458-A1E4-1E13F0995401.jpeg
    4F3DDD4B-87BA-4458-A1E4-1E13F0995401.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 65B87279-19A4-4997-9F15-CF93766C67AF.jpeg
    65B87279-19A4-4997-9F15-CF93766C67AF.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 5F93A363-6C7F-4B31-AA76-1E44F7897F63.jpeg
    5F93A363-6C7F-4B31-AA76-1E44F7897F63.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 262
  • B14C2FD6-6196-4BCA-94EF-104448731127.jpeg
    B14C2FD6-6196-4BCA-94EF-104448731127.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Verve

Reaction score
Congrats, Nevaeh! Nice looking suit.

I recently placed my 1st order with Divij for a suit & shirt. The basting garment fitting will be in either January or February, and I just received the jacket lining from Rampley & Co to try something unique. Great customer service from Rampley (thanks Emily!).

I’ll post a pic or 2 when I receive final product.

Last edited:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t post personal pictures here often—but I thought this was special enough to merit a post. I recently had my oath ceremony to become a naturalized U.S. citizen (after being in the country for 20+ years). I wore a Divij suit especially made for this occasion. Divij added a really nice detail on the inside.

The shirt’s from CEGO, and @Shirtmaven had absolutely the most perfect button for the occasion.

To me, this is the value of building relationships with such wonderful artisans—both Carl and Divij recognized the importance of this occasion and used their creativity to match its gravity.
Welcome to America, homie!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads