• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wore my NsM shawl DB last night for NYE festivities. This jacket is tough to photograph well, but hopefully you get the idea.

Happy New Year all!

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice! This thread pretty much died, I remember the days when NsM was a new kid around the block and everybody talked about them. Are people still commissioning from them or is Vox single handedly placing all orders with them now?

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have received 1 shirt, 6 SCs and 2 suits in the last 18 months, with 1 suit, 1 blazers suit and 1 SC in process. Mina is as busy as ever and still doing great work

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had trouble with jackets-- which I now get elsewhere. Trousers are much better, and shirts have been quite reliable.

My only real complaint with their service is their willingness to respond to-- or read fully-- e-mails. That, and their decision that Boston wasn't working out for them. :(

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had trouble with jackets-- which I now get elsewhere. Trousers are much better, and shirts have been quite reliable.

My only real complaint with their service is their willingness to respond to-- or read fully-- e-mails. That, and their decision that Boston wasn't working out for them. :(

Did Vox stop placing orders?
1f605.png

On a serious note, where are you getting your jackets made now? Not the English tailors but Italians who make lighter and warmer weather appropriate garments?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Did Vox stop placing orders?
1f605.png

On a serious note, where are you getting your jackets made now? Not the English tailors but Italians who make lighter and warmer weather appropriate garments?

London, mostly. And occasionally, WWChan -- when convenient.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never ordered trousers from NSM. I like the shirts that I received. My first two jackets came out well and then things did not work out for whatever reason. And that is a shame since I really like Mina and I think she has a great eye for style, detail and color.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So people aren't having issues with the jackets themselves as much as the customer service/frequency of visits?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had two sport coats and one suit made by them, the issue I have with them is that they tend to make their clothing too slim fitting. To a point I wasn't comfortable in their jackets, I had to actually bring them to a different tailor and let them out in the back to make them wearable. They fit fine now but I would be hesitant to have them make anything else although I think about it every now and then.
I think there are plenty people who have had issues with their jackets too.

firenze_rob

Reaction score
I've had two summer jackets made each year for the past two years. Fit has been fine, but I don't think I have a particularly tough frame to fit.

My first jacket fit fine that I didn't want to have to start the process all over again and prices haven't gone up like around my other battery of tailors.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had two summer jackets made each year for the past two years. Fit has been fine, but I don't think I have a particularly tough frame to fit.

My first jacket fit fine that I didn't want to have to start the process all over again and prices haven't gone up like around my other battery of tailors.

Why do tailors keep raising prices each year?

G

Griffindork

Looks nice! This thread pretty much died, I remember the days when NsM was a new kid around the block and everybody talked about them. Are people still commissioning from them or is Vox single handedly placing all orders with them now?

In some ways, NSM is a great jumping-off point for bespoke. The prices are reasonable (on a relative basis of course - less than high-end off the rack), you get a sense of what it means to pick fabrics and go through fittings, and there is a stylistic viewpoint to the clothes. In other respects, it's not so great. The quality of the workmanship is not very good, particularly for jackets, and the garments have a high variance for a given bespeaker so that you can't really "lock in" your fit and get what you expect.

I suspect that the lack of action on this thread is because people order, receive their garments and suddenly realize that those Medtech Expat garments looked great and theirs don't. And so they move on. If I had to guess, I'd say that on a small scale they did really great, but that as orders increased quality went in the other direction.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads