• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

G

Griffindork

I think that corduroy suit looks great and represents NSM at its best. The jacket is perhaps at tad short but only noticeable I think when one dissects things like this on an internet forum. I agree that NSM's inability to replicate their successes in subsequent commissions is a real downside (and in my case, too great of a downside to continue using them for much), but when they get it right, like they did in the picture above, I think you get really great clothing on the more casual side of the business spectrum. congrats!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't like how much belt/shirt you can see under the top button. I think in general, many people I have seen with NSM the body looks just kind of cylindrical and the cut open quarters gives the illusion of shape.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

I don't like how much belt/shirt you can see under the top button.

This. To my eye it looks like the rise either needs to be extended or the buttoning-point lowered. Since it's a casual suit I don't think it's that big of a deal, but something I noticed right away.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with both of you and have asked for this to be corrected, but not much change. Another reason I am going away from NSM.

...and going where?

JL724

Reaction score

To Florence :) Liverano and an MBT more on par with NSM in terms of price.

I could have sworn Liverano was significantly more expensive then Mina.

Also, if you find her inconsistent, why not just ask her to make adjustments when you are doing fittings?

I don't think any of my suits/pants/sport coats from any tailor are identical unless they are from the same order. I am usually getting the final products a year apart and my body weight / shape is almost certainly changing between orders.

G

Griffindork

Also, if you find her inconsistent, why not just ask her to make adjustments when you are doing fittings?

I've tried that and still wasn't satisfied with the results. In my case, I'm not talking about minor inconsistencies in how things fit, but pretty significant stylistic aspects of the garment.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I have no direct experience with NSM (which, considering where I'm posting, is quite ridiculous). However, is it not possible to ensure that you have the same cutter-tailor team for your commissions? It may throw off scheduling a bit, but I assume it must be possible, especially if you're willing to travel to Italy. Unless the problem stems from turnover, in which case there is little you can do.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads