• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My RTW shoe "Pyramid"

billiebob

Reaction score
Let's take a pictorial view of the RTW shoe pyramid, shall we?

Most of you will note with horror that the "Reaction" line from the brand which shall not be named is at the top. This pyramid inversion represents the influence of this forum, which has skewed my collection to quality.

I'll begin from the "top" down:
Center: KC's take on the Norwegian toe
Right: Rockport DressSport
Left: Bass captoe

Next up (front row) we have some Italian pebble grain captoes from Asprey on the left, Tyrwhitt's suede semi-brogues, and some venetian loafers ,also CT. In the back row are Brooks Brothers cordovans, Polo Darltons in black and cordovan, and Tyrwhitt's version of the Loake Wells, from the "calfskin" line.

Finally on the left are Lattanzi brown plaintoes for Asprey, EG black plaintoes for Asprey...

Here are the EG acorn brogues for Asprey, the same shoes in black, and the burgundy city boots!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SOme nice shoes there. Nice thread idea, although if Andrew does this the pyramid may be to scale to Kheop's one
tongue.gif
Edit: those burgundy city boots look just bloody gorgeous. Could we see more images pleeeeeease?

billiebob

Reaction score
Though I do have a range of quality in my shoes sufficient for a pyramid shape, I suspect others' pyramids would be even more quality heavy.

Here's another pic of the boots. I'm trying to keep them a little less polished
than dress shoes, so I don't always look like the shiny shoe dude.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice boots! Love the colour.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
Here's another pic of the boots. I'm trying to keep them a little less polished
than dress shoes, so I don't always look like the shiny shoe dude.

There's nothing wrong with being the shiny shoe dude.
smile.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm in the extreme minority in that I love boots but don't understand the affection for the EG City Boot - looks a bit clunky to me.

That acorn Asprey brogue, on the other hand, is dreamy.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I'm in the extreme minority in that I love boots but don't understand the affection for the EG City Boot - looks a bit clunky to me.

That acorn Asprey brogue, on the other hand, is dreamy.

I like them both. Quite a bit
blush.gif

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boots would look better on a different last. Part of the lust, I think, is for the sheer amount of beautiful burgundy leather in a vaguely burlesque design.

billiebob

Reaction score
Shoe trees always reside in my shoes for at least several days after wearing. Most of my shoes crease badly, and these Lattanzis most so, because my foot doesn't fill out the leather between the lowest lace and the toe. I have a high arch, and this creates dead space in shoes between the lacing and the toe.

The most exasperating creasing is in the cordovan shoes, which have some serious hummocks.

Would you argue that keeping shoe trees in the shoes after they've dried has a benefit with regard to creasing? I have several Brooks gift cards I'll put to use once the trees go $18.00 again (sale).

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I believe the phrase 'RTW Shoe Pyramid' is Â
00a9.png
Jcusey. He may ask you to remove this as I believe he does have his own team of shoe lawyers...

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I believe the phrase 'RTW Shoe Pyramid' is Â
00a9.png
Jcusey. He may ask you to remove this as I believe he does have his own team of shoe lawyers...

He wouldn't be the first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads