• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new winter coat

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he's saying wearing a jacket that looks like it's for a woman (more hourglassy) looks stupid on a man, and after all, he is a man.

All coats do not have to have waist suppression - it looks good for a winter jacket.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've since went to H+M and returned it for a black one in a size smaller. I'll try to get pics.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the coat looks OK, though I don't think it would be warm enough for the winters where I live. I picked up a Canada Goose last year. They still haven't caught on yet, but they are warm as hell, and boxy like you wouldn't believe. I'm still worried that with the fur trim, some wacko environmentalist will have it in for me...
10015420%5C10015420_sez.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
I think the coat looks OK, though I don't think it would be warm enough for the winters where I live. I picked up a Canada Goose last year. They still haven't caught on yet, but they are warm as hell, and boxy like you wouldn't believe. I'm still worried that with the fur trim, some wacko environmentalist will have it in for me...

10015420%5C10015420_sez.jpg

Trust me, they've caught on. About, um 2 winters ago, they were "the" coat to have in Milan (don't ask me why, it's not that cold there.) And these days, everyone who doesn't wear a North Face around here is wearing a Canada Goose. Which is funny, because I don't see many Canadians ever wearing them (I am a Canadian, and am back every December.) I personally eschew all that and either layer something under a moleskin jacket (not so warm, but whatever, I was born and bred in a cold, dank, place) or wear a Norfolk wool/alpaca jacket by Edun or this year, will be wearing my new Engineered Garments Engineer jacket.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of times when I sweat like mad under it, and wished that I had layered instead. But for anything colder than -20, nothing beats it. My moleskin 3/4 length coat usually gets shelved for good around mid-December.

When I say it hasn't caught on yet here, I mean in Ottawa - one of the least fashionable cities in North America - blame it on the government workers I guess. I can't imagine why anybody in Milan would need a CG parka though. I have heard that Europeans go nuts for CG parkas, and rumours of muggings in Stockholm for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads