• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my new logo...

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
ok, some of you guys have seen this, as i sent it out getting opinions, and the opinions were all positive, even down to pointing out the proper amt of sleeve, PS etc. i'd been wanting to do this for awhile now, here it is...

vchlogo2.JPG

any dissenting opinions (hope not!)

juniper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by discostu004
ok, some of you guys have seen this, as i sent it out getting opinions, and the opinions were all positive, even down to pointing out the proper amt of sleeve, PS etc. i'd been wanting to do this for awhile now, here it is...

vchlogo2.JPG

any dissenting opinions (hope not!)

Love the graphic.

It read as cloth-shorse the first time I looked at it, but that could just be me. Not too keen on the early-90s font
tounge.gif

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it.
smile.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juniper
It read as cloth-shorse the first time I looked at it, but that could just be me.
I was about to say the same thing! Clothes horse is often written as two words... maybe the name of the company could be changed to "Winterdyke"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clotheshorse I keed I keed! I make joke!

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Merckx
I like it.
smile.gif

I agree, looks good. If you are going to tinker with anything, you might experiment with different fonts, but that one is certainly fine.

Duveen

Reaction score
Not to be too much of a dissenter, but logos usually feature stylized, simplified images. The drawing has a LOT of detail (cross-hatching, etc) that may or may not translate well when shrunk down or blown up.

One option would be to have it as more of a line drawing (run through photoshop and posterized/simplify outlines) so that it scales better.

Also, a tall, vertical logo like that is not likely to be a great fit for the web, maybe you could run it down the side of the site?

Anyhow...one man's opinion (and you DID ask!).

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that you might want to use a more simple, stylized logo which can be easily adapted for different applications. The shape is not ideal, but may be fine when placed on the side or superimposed on the background.

To play the devil's advocate: about the logo itself - it's cute, but IMO might not be appropriate for a site selling high-end clothing/luxury goods. But you know your customers better than I do, and I'm sure they have a sense of humor.

pfr0g

Reaction score
I agree with others that it may be too big. I am also not a huge fan of the font that was used.

Perhaps you could shrink down the horse head from the neck up showing the necktie and suit. You can then incorporate it into your text in the backround. This will result in a smaller more usable image as others had noted and still maintain some of the look you are going for. You may be able to shrink the entire horse and have him leaning on the graphic?

I think that with the colors used it does give that "cute" look that someone mentioned. Maybe some darker colors on both the horse and suit may result in a more refined look.

Overall I think it is very well done and a great idea, good luck Lance.

pfr0g

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
had you sent it to me, I would have told you that the gorge is way too low
smile.gif

O yeah and that. I agree with Ed on this point as well.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the drawing a lot, has a good style to it. I think the head is a bit odd in that the way it is turned it doesn't look attached or looks like two separate drawings just stuck together.

The font really needs to be changed, it just doesn't work. I think something more classic and timeless is what you are going for but that font doesn't doesn't read either of those.

I would also possibly look into a smaller simplified logo as others have suggested, possibly vector based because it will be much easier when printing materials or using the logo for other applications.

Good Luck.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't see the logo before.

I'm not loving it, on a fundamental level, and think it is a step down from the logo you have been using in the past.

The new version literalizes the clotheshorse idea, and in a weak way. A clotheshorse pictured as a horse wearing clothes doesn't elevate, transform, or in business-speak 'add value' to your brand name.

Plus, regardless of how you depict the suit the horse is wearing, the simple fact that you literally represent it fixes and limits any buyer's idea of the range of styles you offer.

I hope you can take this as constructive criticism. Your offerings, photos, descriptions and service are first-rate. I would like to see you with a logo at the same standard.

yours

mack11211

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree w mack here. Not a fan at all. I would think that a more stylized version of the simple horse head would be the way to go. This looks more like a charade than a logo IMO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads