• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my new logo...

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It does not look smooth to me. The head just seems superimposed upon the rest of the body. I think I am more following in the last two posters in it seems to limit your range to something less then what you carry to those that do not know your buisness.

Mabey if you had a horse looking upon a full closet it might do what comes to my mind.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think even a horse head in a stylized light and dark image with just a collar and tie that suggests a full outfit may work and still show the idea you are after.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I think even a horse head in a stylized light and dark image with just a collar and tie that suggests a full outfit may work and still show the idea you are after.

+1. The current horsehead-in-full-fledged-outfit drawing doesn't look like a good logo to me.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hands?
frown.gif
Why not hooves?
confused.gif
Tell me he's not wearing a RL Polo suit and shell cordovan shoes?

larryr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duveen
Not to be too much of a dissenter, but logos usually feature stylized, simplified images. The drawing has a LOT of detail (cross-hatching, etc) that may or may not translate well when shrunk down or blown up.

One option would be to have it as more of a line drawing (run through photoshop and posterized/simplify outlines) so that it scales better.

Also, a tall, vertical logo like that is not likely to be a great fit for the web, maybe you could run it down the side of the site?

Anyhow...one man's opinion (and you DID ask!).

agreed, good points.

mano

Reaction score
Your logo will not make or break your business; it's a device that will stay in people's minds and associate with your company. 50+ years ago detailed logos were common but the norm now is for simple stylized designs (just look at the logos on the top of this page).

When people develop new logos they initially may think outside the box, but once a basic design is selected, they often become overly detail oriented. What you have is a good start. Stick with the small details if you wish or keep morphing the concept and see where it goes.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hung like a vitual clothes horse?
laugh.gif

I liked the old logo, but I think I'm older than your target audience.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I like the drawing a lot but maybe a simplified logo with simpler lines could be used.

Lance, I love your store but to be honest, I would also consider getting a lighting backdrop for the clothes. I have trouble with the photo quality to be honest. Often they are difficult to see in terms of color or detail. I hope that's constructive; don't mean to be negative but helpful.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that in general its great, but the problem with the head may be that it seems detached from the body. Maybe a little of the neck showing would help?

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I like the drawing a lot but maybe a simplified logo with simpler lines could be used.

Lance, I love your store but to be honest, I would also consider getting a lighting backdrop for the clothes. I have trouble with the photo quality to be honest. Often they are difficult to see in terms of color or detail. I hope that's constructive; don't mean to be negative but helpful.

while we're on the "critique Lance's store" tip, I'd recommend investing in some more mannequins, in a broader range of sizes. I always dig the tastefully unique outfits you compose, Lance, but often the staging doesn't do justice to the clothes (I'm thinking, for example, of some 46Ls that look a bit defalted)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads