• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must See Documentaries

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm almost through with Monarchy hosted by David Starkey, which is an excellent series about the British monarchy in which Starkey is extremely engaging and sports some very nice clothing in the second series.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tabloid by Errol Morris - what a crazy ass story

ESPN Films "Ungaurded" - great

Saw Grizzly Man for the first time.

Last edited:

dwcopple

Reaction score
soul in the hole (Ed Booger Smith doc)
bigger faster stronger (roids)
damn near all the ESPN 30 for 30's

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
watched "white diamond" last night

bullethead

Reaction score
el Sicario, room 164.

It's about a guy who spent 20 years in the Mexican drug cartels. the entire movie is shot in a hotel room where the subject once held and tortured a kidnap victim.
the subject wears a hood throughout the film, using a sketch pad to explain his story. the use of the pad alone kept my attention

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Defilada - Amongst N. Korea watchers this is legendary. Filmed by a Polish film maker in 1988 (when Poland was still a Communist regime), it's unique in that it's entirely North Koreans in their own words. No dialogue or explanation at all by outsiders. Just utterly bizarre Nork "New Speak" about the intensity of the Kim Il Sung personality cult. It's a memorable bit of film making; I saw it about 20 years ago. I can't find a freebie in its entirety w/ English subtitles, but here's a bit on youtube. You'll need to click the CC button to get the English subtitles.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man On Wire was interesting.
Keep an eye out this late summer (2012) for Chris Wallenda's atempt to walk the wire across Niagra Falls.
If successfull it will be the first time in 100 years and best of luck to Mr Wallenda. The mist alone will be trecherous.

Grizzly Man I have watched now 7 times. There is something that is hypnotic about it. A most interesting and horribly sad story.

Last edited:

smokingiscool

Reaction score
A recent 'Must See' is Jiro Dreams of Sushi. It's a story about a man that has perfected his craft for over 75 yeas, and become the best sushi chef alive.

Official Movie site for release dates and trailer:http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/

Jiro-Dreams-Of-Sushi-Movie-Poster.jpg

smokingiscool

Reaction score
Crumb is my favorite documentary. Rodger Ebert called it one of the most remarkable and haunting documentaries ever made.

If you have not seen it, make it your next film.

crumb2.jpg

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S21 The Khmer Rouge Killing Machine

Read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-21:_The_Khmer_Rouge_Killing_Machine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuol_Sleng_Genocide_Museum

A high school turned into a torture prison by the Khmer Rouge under Pol Pot in Cambodia.
Today it is a museum, with a twist. The tour guides are actual former Khmer Rouge members.
Tourists from all over the world come to this mueum but so do locals. Can you imagine being a local coming to this place and confronting those who murdered your loved ones?
You will not forget this documentary.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Senna.
Greatest documentary I've seen in years, on any subject. It's about the legendary Brazilian Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna, and the footage they found is amazing-- in the car, the races, his life, everything.

Everyone should see it. Even if you hate cars, you'll love it.

A recent 'Must See' is Jiro Dreams of Sushi.  It's a story about a man that has perfected his craft for over 75 yeas, and become the best sushi chef alive.  

Official Movie site for release dates and trailer:http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/

Jiro-Dreams-Of-Sushi-Movie-Poster.jpg

Cant find it. Really want to see it.

Crumb is my favorite documentary.  Rodger Ebert called it one of the most remarkable and haunting documentaries ever made. 

If you have not seen it, make it your next film. 

crumb2.jpg

Love this documentary.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Worth watching:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MUST SEE

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads