• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must See Documentaries

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great BBC series airing now called How It Works - Part 1 was on Metal, part 2 was plastics, and part 3 (yet to air) on ceramics.

Sounds a mundane topic but its not, its brilliantly constructed and presented.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone seen this? Worth watching?

MV5BNTU0OTczMTUyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYzNTM4Ng@@._V1._SY317_CR15,0,214,317_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2063834/

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PBS American Masters series on Johnny Carson was excellent.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of the best documentaries I have ever seen:

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

A must see.

Jiro-Dreams-Of-Sushi.jpg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I saw this last night. While it has its charms, and he is an interesting subject, it's poorly made with no real skill in telling the very thin story.

lefty

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ I saw this last night. While it has its charms, and he is an interesting subject, it's poorly made with no real skill in telling the very thin story.

lefty 

Couldnt disagree more.

I thought it was told in a very subtle and sensitive way. Actually one of the best docs I have ever seen.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont know how I ever missed this one.....

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[COLOR=FF00AA]WARNING-[/COLOR] Not for the office or underaged people. Mature subject matter.

The Iceman- Confessions Of A Mafia Hitman 1of2 (Richard Kuklinski) 1992

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

The Iceman- Confessions Of A Mafia Hitman 2of2 (Richard Kuklinski) 2001

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

There is a 3rd doco called 'The Iceman and the Psychiatrist' -or- 'The Iceman Tapes - Inside The Mind Of A Mafia Hitman'

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

and the audiobook which is now gone from YouTube. It was 20 hours long. Excellent.
2 films are in the works about Kuklinski, one of which is scheduled fro release in 2013.

Last edited:

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BBC: Quadrophenia - Can you see the real me?

In his home studio and revisiting old haunts in Shepherds Bush and Battersea, Pete Townshend opens his heart and his personal archive to revisit 'the last great album the Who ever made', one that took the Who full circle back to their earliest days via the adventures of a pill-popping mod on an epic journey of self-discovery.

But in 1973 Quadrophenia was an album that almost never was. Beset by money problems, a studio in construction, heroin-taking managers, a lunatic drummer and a culture of heavy drinking, Townshend took on an album that nearly broke him and one that within a year the band had turned their back on and would ignore for nearly three decades.

With unseen archive and in-depth interviews from Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Keith Moon, John Entwistle and those in the studio and behind the lens who made the album and thirty page photo booklet.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

http://eztv.it/ep/36538/bbc-quadrophenia-can-you-see-the-real-me-720p-x264-aac-hdtv-mvgroup/

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inside job, loved it.

Anything else that is good? That Jiro Dreams of Sushi seems to be something awesome?

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some kind of Monster is great if you want to study sociopath behavior.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Inside job, loved it. Anything else that is good? That Jiro Dreams of Sushi seems to be something awesome?
Its brilliant, but you need to have a like for Japanese culture to appreciate it. Look thru the thread, there arent that many pages, great suggestions in it. Do what you can to help keep it going. A few that may or may not be already listed here: Senna Tabloid Page One: Inside the New York Times Collapse Cropsey Exit Through the Gift Shop Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work The September Issue Tyson Man on Wire

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its brilliant, but you need to have a like for Japanese culture to appreciate it.
Look thru the thread, there arent that many pages, great suggestions in it. Do what you can to help keep it going.
A few that may or may not be already listed here:
Senna
Tabloid
Page One: Inside the New York Times
Collapse
Cropsey
Exit Through the Gift Shop
Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work
The September Issue
Tyson
Man on Wire
Will check out that list to see what's interesting right away. And I love the japanese culture and sushi is like one of my fav food :) It feels like it's all about art which I also love.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But will see that ''Tyson'' now right away. Is Man on Wire also good?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads