• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Ned Custom Tailor NYC

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris Rimby
pgoat,

Could you post some pics of your Mr. Ned suit? I'm thinking of having one made and I'd love to see one on a person.

Chris

I have what is essentially a 40R, 34x30 pants Mr. Ned suit. It is gray sharkskin DB (super 100's or higher English fabric), six to two no vents. No belt loops on pants, just suspender buttons. Jacket is missing one button (don't ask), but suit was only worn about 4-5 times. I'll send it to anyone for $45 and it can serve as a test suit. I'll post pics later on the sales forum.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who Mr. Ned uses to make the suits?

I'm assuming that he uses some CMT (sorry Chris, I mean CTM...) factory but I've never heard who.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I have what is essentially a 40R, 34x30 pants Mr. Ned suit. It is gray sharkskin DB (super 100's or higher English fabric), six to two no vents. No belt loops on pants, just suspender buttons. Jacket is missing one button (don't ask), but suit was only worn about 4-5 times. I'll send it to anyone for $45 and it can serve as a test suit. I'll post pics later on the sales forum.

Why'd you get rid of your Mr. Ned suit, Ed (assuming you did)?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
Why'd you get rid of your Mr. Ned suit, Ed (assuming you did)?

I've gone the Neopolitan route. Mr. Ned is good for Brooks/Southern Trad type of suits. If my inclinations were toward Brooks/J Press type of suits with a little flair, I can't think of putting $700-900 to better use than giving it to Mr. Ned for a suit, though.

I'll also be getting rid of a VBC super 120's grey windowpane SB 3to2, side vented suit that I got from my latest MTM guy, before I found this forum. Its also essentially a 40R, 34x30 pants. Worn once. (shameless sales pitch, sorry)

Panzeraxe II

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I disagree with Ed - Vahram is willing to make a suit in any style as long as the client is very precise in outlining what he wants.

For example, I have 2 great suits from Ned - both have mildly developed roped shoulders, are lean and feature plenty of waist suppression.

His default style is always Brooks Brothers, but he is more than happy to do something different.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
I disagree with Ed - Vahram is willing to make a suit in any style as long as the client is very precise in outlining what he wants.

For example, I have 2 great suits from Ned - both have mildly developed roped shoulders, are lean and feature plenty of waist suppression.

His default style is always Brooks Brothers, but he is more than happy to do something different.

Well, I have not used Vahram, I only used his dad for three suits some years back. I am gald you are happy and that Vahram is more flexible. That being said, there is a difference between being willing to do something, and having the capacity to execute it. In other words, I doubt that Varham can make one of his suits look Kiton-ish or Borrelli-ish. And then that being said
smile.gif
I still believe that you would be hard pressed to get a better made custom suit for $700-900 in NYC.

seok

Reaction score
if i have my own fabric, how much should i expect to pay for a suit w/Mr Ned?

is 2.4m enough fabric to make a suit with an extra pair of pants for a 41L?

i'd be curious to see pics of the Ned products as well.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seok

is 2.4m enough fabric to make a suit with an extra pair of pants for a 41L?

i'd be curious to see pics of the Ned products as well.

Seok
I hate to point out the obvious search function on this forum, but... the yardage question has been asked and responded to numerous times.

2.4m will get you a sportcoat.

you need at least 3.5 yards for the suit. maybe an 1/8 more for the long.
plaids require more.

another 1.5 for the second pair of pants.

Carl

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$600 for CMT for suits.

seok

Reaction score
shirtmaven, thanks...after running searches for bespoke suit, custom suit with no results i decided to post w/the price Q.

$600...so the tale of $400 linen suit from Ned is false? or outdated?

Originally Posted by Master Shake
$600 for CMT for suits.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$600...so the tale of $400 linen suit from Ned is false? or outdated?
I'm afraid so. You can always call them up and ask. They're very helpful over the phone.

seok

Reaction score
i dropped by Ned today. these guys know their stuff and are very helpful...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads