• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Most annoying people at the gym...

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
If sleeping with your mom and sister is considered a sport, then yes, yes I do.
Yah about that...I don't think **********a is a sport.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Yah about that...I don't think **********a is a sport.

n36jxg.jpg

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Today a couple of buddies warned me to stay out of the sauna on Fridays cuz its gay day in there. I never use the sauna anyway, but if I did, and what they told me turned out to be true, it would be annoying.

Yeah, it is hella annoying when some guy keeps trying to put ********* in your bum and you're just trying to relax in a hot sauna. You just keep slapping it but they don't get the hint. Annoying gheys, so annoying.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seanallen
The guy at my gym in the lockeroom who is completely naked whilst shaving his face.

The dudes that walk around with their **** swinging while wearing the towel on their shoulder. I'll just never understand it.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Yeah, it is hella annoying when some guy keeps trying to put ********* in your bum and you're just trying to relax in a hot sauna. You just keep slapping it but they don't get the hint. Annoying gheys, so annoying.

Is this a common thing?

Here's another one, kind of sad: There's this dude. Must be about 75-80. God bless him for going to the gym and trying to stay active, because the guy can barely walk due to what looks like a horrible case of arthritis in his right knee. It's bowed and bent about 30 degrees inward and every step he takes looks like pure agony. I know it's mean and selfish for me to think it, but... I wish he would stop wearing shorts and put some pants on, because it makes me a little queasy, kind of like one of those gag-inducing sport injuries we all know and love.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I mentioned this one before: The "BO Chick". She has been the cause of many a complaint (though not by me personally) at the front desk because... she stinks something terrible. You'll be working out somewhere and catch this gnarly whiff of BO and think, "Damn, is that me??". You sniff yourself discreetly; nothing. Then you look around and this girl is like 10 or 15 feet away doing something, reeking malevolently. Also she wears electric green chinos to work out in, which is bad in its own way.

I suggested the front desk people discreetly place a deodorant stick in her bag while she was working out, but I don't think they did. I know my buddy Sean had to talk to her a couple of times due to the complaint volume, and ask her to put on an extra shirt.

millionaire75

Reaction score
BO is a major problem at my gym. I'm not squeamish in the least bit, but I have had a couple instances where I have actually gagged and come close to vomiting.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not a huge issue, but I laugh at the guys who wear the muscle shirts that show their nipples who are pure fat and curl 25 lbs, or the guys who wear a T-shirt longer than their shorts so they look like a woman. I also laugh a bit at the many, many guys wearing pants at the gym, as if they're trying to hide the fact that they do bench presses and curls every day but have never done a proper squat or calf raise in their life.
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Not sure if I mentioned this one before: The "BO Chick". She has been the cause of many a complaint (though not by me personally) at the front desk because... she stinks something terrible. You'll be working out somewhere and catch this gnarly whiff of BO and think, "Damn, is that me??". You sniff yourself discreetly; nothing. Then you look around and this girl is like 10 or 15 feet away doing something, reeking malevolently. Also she wears electric green chinos to work out in, which is bad in its own way. I suggested the front desk people discreetly place a deodorant stick in her bag while she was working out, but I don't think they did. I know my buddy Sean had to talk to her a couple of times due to the complaint volume, and ask her to put on an extra shirt.
I saw a guy get kicked out of my gym for that. You could smell him 40 feet away.

Prince of Talisker

Reaction score
I saw a guy get kicked out of my gym for that. You could smell him 40 feet away.

Did it go anything like this?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
what's the point of being bigger/stronger than 99% of them when you're a jerk to boot?

Why is he the jerk? Because he bumped into a person in order to send the signal that they are in the way? Maybe it was a little childish, but it doesn't seem that, from that tiny bit of info, he is a jerk. Way to take the speck out of his eye!

darnelled

Reaction score
1. Bad BO
2. Guys leaving their gigantic duffelbags all over the workout area...ever hear of a locker?
3. When the employees set the thermostat at 80F
4. Memebers who leave sweat all over the benches (towels are free at my gym)

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not BO, but a few regulars at my gym bathe themselves in cologne and perfume. To the gym! What a waste.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also laugh a bit at the many, many guys wearing pants at the gym, as if they're trying to hide the fact that they do bench presses and curls every day but have never done a proper squat or calf raise in their life.

Pants only
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I haven't worn shorts since first grade.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
Pants only
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I haven't worn shorts since first grade.

Why?

Treen

Reaction score
I go to the gym at around midnight now, and this thread reminds why I started doing that!

When I used to go during peak hours, old women using the leg abductor machine annoyed, as well as horrified me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads