• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Menswear on Women

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a great looking suit. Luckily, my SO wants to step up her suit wardrobe, since she got promoted a couple of months ago and want to signal more authority (she's my age but looks 15 years younger). We're gonna try and make a new E-F-V suit for women and I guess she'll be the test pilot.

The BnT suit looks a lot like the model I had in mind.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Keep us posted.

I don't think my wife could ever bring herself to spend the required amount, but I would like to get her some suits.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There will be SF wife discounts of course :)

jamespoirot

Reaction score

My first navy DB suit from W.W.Chan, the fabric actually is blended with a little bit grey. (just a little bit)
Sorry for the bad quality photo, I shot this in a hurry when I try on the final.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There's really nothing about the photo to support your conclusion, chogall. Let's give this poster the benefit of the doubt.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a great looking suit. Luckily, my SO wants to step up her suit wardrobe, since she got promoted a couple of months ago and want to signal more authority (she's my age but looks 15 years younger). We're gonna try and make a new E-F-V suit for women and I guess she'll be the test pilot.

The BnT suit looks a lot like the model I had in mind.
Looking forward to see the progress. I'll make sure to at least convince my wife-to-be to try out your womenswear in the future. Good luck!

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about it jp, I mean it's weird that people say women wearing menswear always look too different/weird, then when you have someone wear one that looks more trad or similar to what we expect on a man, we say it's not different enough.

Would like a photo with better lighting to see the jacket's silhouette though. Looks cool.

Last edited:

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stumbled upon this thread this morning and I must say I'm impressed. Looking forward to seeing more

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't have a chance to crop earlier when I posted on the tweed thread, this is one of the recent jackets we got in Hong Kong, the fabric from Fox Bros.

Last edited:

jamespoirot

Reaction score
your tie,tweed jacket and your shirt are amazing. Which tailor did you go for?
and if I may, how much does this jacket cost you?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that there have been some photos of Esther Quek, one of the editors of The Rake, but given that she wears menswear-inspired outfits very well, I thought that I'd post some more.

These are all taken from Tumblr. Apologies for not attributing them, but they'd been re-tumbled many, many times and, of course, may not even have originated on Tumblr in the first place:

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your tie,tweed jacket and your shirt are amazing. Which tailor did you go for?
and if I may, how much does this jacket cost you?
It's from Dream Bespoke. 5200 HKD CMT cost, fabric is I think 92GBP/Meter (we didn't have to pay tax though so a bit less), I am guessing I got 2 meters.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads