• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I understand the point of a Sterlingwear, but why does every fit pic of one in this thread involve a pretty skinny dude with a colored tee, fresh raw jeans, and black chucks?

DECEMBER

Reaction score
blap

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I understand the point of a Sterlingwear, but why does every fit pic of one in this thread involve a pretty skinny dude with a colored tee, fresh raw jeans, and black chucks?

Because that's hip today! Keep up, old man.
wink.gif

EMY

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Perry Ellis Melton wool peacoat? I'm debating whether to get one since it's on sale for $60 through their site. Is Perry Ellis even a good brand?

edit: seems like Sterlingwear is decent and pricing is reasonable. What size should I get if I want a slim fit? 5'10", 37 chest, 31 waist, 155 lbs, 15.5 neck, 32/33 arm. thanks

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb
Update: Got a 36L in. The sleeves are much better, though I'm a little sad disappointed the body length. Really liked the body length in the 36R. A trade off must be made and I'd be bugged by short sleeves.

It's interesting to note small changes in manufacturing, my 36R must have been older stock (How much older, I don't know) and the 36L is fresh off the line. But they changed the side of the internal glove/breast pocket. Older version had it on the left side, newer switched to the right. Strange because the left hand side is much more accessible when buttoned up. The internal pocket fleece is also now... less soft.

dscn1514n.jpg

How much cuff you have to let out if you're interested. About 2", but unknown how much you can actually get out of it.
dscn1517j.jpg

I guess a 36R will be up on BS soon
plain.gif

Big improvement in the sleeves. You can always get the body of new one shortened a couple inches.

Burr130

Reaction score
hey guys, been lurking for a while and have some questions about Sterlingwear Peacoats.

Does anyone own a 30S classic or authentic peacoat and can take measurements of the chest, sleeve and shoulders? The measurements on the site are kind of sketchy.

Also, can anyone tell me the the fit difference between the authentic and classic styles peacoat?

Much appreciation!

Edit: Oh, I have a true chest size of 33 inches with no shirt and want a slim fit, should I be getting a 30S or 32S? I'm also 5'4 120lbs, I am tiny lol.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
What sizing do you guys suggest to go with for a slim look for Sterlingwear peacoat?

I'm 5'6, 135 lbs, 35" chest..

I'm thinkin size 34 ..length: short or regular?
which would be long enough to cover ******?

would I be able to fit into a 32 or impossible? I was only able to try on a 34" at a local army surplus

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is the point of this thread to now just ask the same questions about sterlingwear coats over and over again?

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zazaza
is the point of this thread to now just ask the same questions about sterlingwear coats over and over again?
Does not compute. Rephrase as a redundant sizing question and try again.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Yes, unless the OP compiles a FAQ page.
Also, you're getting the same questions over and over because people who are starting their own threads with questions about peacoats or posting in the "ask a question thread" are being directed here.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Does not compute. Rephrase as a redundant sizing question and try again.

my bad. let me try again.

hello, i want to buy a peacoat. i am X inches tall, wear a size X jacket
should i buy X size?
should i size one down?!
should i size two down?!?!
should i just learn how to use the goddamn "search this thread' function?!?!?!?

SOMEONE PLESE HALP!!!111!

libertyreach

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got a Endovanera Sweet Pea Jacket (http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...Endovanera&d=b) and everything fits except for the armpits.
They're constricting, and if I don't adjust my tshirt/sweater for a bit it becomes very uncomfortable almost to the point where it feels like I'm losing circulation to my arms.
I got it in a Medium, but I'm contemplating whether I should exchange it for a Large. The only problem is I'd have to send it back to revlovingclothing, and shipping/customs will probably be a pain, (it was $50 customs to send it to canada).
Do you guys know if it's possible to get the armpits tailored and loosened up? Or would you suggest I return it for a Large and suffer the delivering fees?

Thanks!

zipidy928

Reaction score
Originally Posted by libertyreach
Hey guys, I just got a Endovanera Sweet Pea Jacket (http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...Endovanera&d=b) and everything fits except for the armpits.
They're constricting, and if I don't adjust my tshirt/sweater for a bit it becomes very uncomfortable almost to the point where it feels like I'm losing circulation to my arms.
I got it in a Medium, but I'm contemplating whether I should exchange it for a Large. The only problem is I'd have to send it back to revlovingclothing, and shipping/customs will probably be a pain, (it was $50 customs to send it to canada).
Do you guys know if it's possible to get the armpits tailored and loosened up? Or would you suggest I return it for a Large and suffer the delivering fees?

Thanks!

If everything fits fine except the armpit, I would have it tailored rather than getting a large and expecting a totally different fit all throughout.

ifpie

Reaction score
why is there so few people ordering the classic and mariner sterlingwear p coat? you can still pop your collar with those right? and they are suppose to be the "fashionable" ones, according to the website....

someone said the classic/mariner ones fit slimmer....so does that mean they would fit around 2 (chest size) inches slimmer than the authentic ones?

it'd be really great if someone can post more classic/mariner pics

btw im 6 feet tall, 34-35 chest but with a 20" sleeve inseam....i'm considering a mariner in xl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads