• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

Napoleon

Reaction score
Hello! I'm searching for a blue peacoat in size M, european. What can you guys give me?
smile.gif

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
finally got my peacoat..

2i09nus.jpg

ignore all the tags..just got some olive uniqlo s-001 pants that i tried on too

28cps1l.jpg

sterling authentic 36s

im 5'8" @ 160lbs

Looks like a good fit except the sleeves could stand to be an inch longer. I think the 36R would suit you better.

kinkbmxco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sixth_Sense
Given that I am 5'11'' and 145-150lbs, does 34L Sterling Authentic sound reasonable for a slim fit?

I would advise that you order the 2 sizes you think will fit you best, return the one you don't want, and eat the shipping cost. Especially if you are ordering a gray coat... I think it cost me $11 to ship mine back.
If you order one coat and it turns out you are unhappy with the sizing, you are going to have to send it back and eat shipping costs anyways... moreover, for an exchange, you will have to wait until they receive the coat before they send you out a new one and if its gray they will have to make you a coat all over again. Based on my experience, I would order a 32L and a 34L, send back the one you don't like.

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrojanGarb
Some fit pics of my Sterlingwear

Coat is Sterlingwear Authentic Black 36R. I'm a 38 jacket, 5'11, and ~160. Everything is great except the sleeves feel a bit short, I think I'll try a 36L. I've got longish arms and always take 34/35" shirt sleeves. I guess I'd recommend Regular to regular armed people, if you get shirts 32/33". The size down one recommendations are spot on: slim but not tight. Not too much room for layering, but this is for bay area weather so it's not a big deal.

dscn1504a.jpg

Update: Got a 36L in. The sleeves are much better, though I'm a little sad disappointed the body length. Really liked the body length in the 36R. A trade off must be made and I'd be bugged by short sleeves.

It's interesting to note small changes in manufacturing, my 36R must have been older stock (How much older, I don't know) and the 36L is fresh off the line. But they changed the side of the internal glove/breast pocket. Older version had it on the left side, newer switched to the right. Strange because the left hand side is much more accessible when buttoned up. The internal pocket fleece is also now... less soft.

dscn1514n.jpg

How much cuff you have to let out if you're interested. About 2", but unknown how much you can actually get out of it.
dscn1517j.jpg

I guess a 36R will be up on BS soon
plain.gif

c00kz

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a navy or gray herringbone double breasted pea-looking jacket? Wool, lined, vented, stand up collar.. Kind of like a trench but without epaulets and belt.. Pretty open but I don't like sterlingwear.

zipidy928

Reaction score
I have problems with my collar being popped because they don't stay popped. Any of you experience the same?

adidasaj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
Here's a fit pic I posted in WAYWT a few days ago:
2nbvi9k.jpg
I'm 6'1, 37" chest, with long arms (shirts with 25-26" sleeves fit me best). I sized down to a 34XL.

XL perfect for sleeve length? I'm basically the same height (and likely weight, chest, too) but usually have L coats. They're usually not as slim fitting though. Was thinking either 36L or 38L. Did you go XL just because you wanted a slim 34? (You suggested a 36 would be good if you want a more relaxed fit before). I was thinking 36 for a more relaxed fit but maybe 38 might be better because I'm growing a fair bit too (about 15lbs since summer, and I'm scared that by next winter, my chest will have grown too much for a 36.... but then again, I don't want it to be too baggy now -- if I bulk up that much, think I rather just buy a new coat). So I'm leaning to 36L or 36XL unless someone thinks that's too small for 6'1, 38chest, about 165lbs. Had you went 36 or 38, think you would of went 36L or 36XL? Anyone else with a Sterling that's about a slim 6'1 or 6'2 recommend a length? Thank you. p.s. oh, question for anyone -- Sterling's camel? Any thoughts? I've black coats... I really want to try a camel one.

zipidy928

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zipidy928
I have problems with my collar being popped because they don't stay popped. Any of you experience the same?

Sorry I forgot to include the kind of coat. I have the Sterlingwear Navigator Pea Coat. Every time I try to pop it, it always gets soft and kind of falls down.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
What's the most popular peacoat model on sterlingwear?

Is the Navigator the same cut as the Authentic, just different lining?

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iwhelan
I don't know if it has been mentioned but the Woolrich Woolen Mills Melton Wool Maine Guide Jacket is kind of like a single breasted peacoat with shawl collar. It has a very similar style. I am very happy with mine. The fit is pretty good too. It might be worth a look if you can find one.

I have the same jacket, and would not consider it a peacoat. I am under the impression that an essential part of the design of a peacoat is that it is double-breasted, which the WWM is not. Also, the WWM is considerably shorter than a peacoat, being a jacket, and would not be warm enough by itself for colder areas.

Having said that though, I do love the WWM jacket and wear it at least once a week.

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furosemide
I'm 5'6", about 130 - 135 lbs. I bought the XS with Thinsulate

Sleeves are a good length for a coat IMO. Hmmm, makes me want to buy one, except I just bought a peacoat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads