• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neelp3

Reaction score
Placed an order for the cherry shell captoe boots.

I have a pair of boots in Rui last, size 6UK, fit great, ordered the same for Hiro, but am slightly worried the Hiro will be too narrow.

Any thoughts?

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Those bal boots on Elton are super nice...Just hesitant about sizing! Anyone have experience with Elton and either AE lasts, Carmina Oscar or Alfred Sargent 724? Thinking about going TTS on these.

I placed my order for those just now, now comes the wait til July for shipping.

I just went for my usual size, never really had a problem with sizing on shoes before.

I don't know if this helps. It was on their Elton last double monks' description, but not on the actual Elton last boots' description.

"Meermin recommend to go with the same size as per our HIRO, OLFE or RON lasts."

If you're still not sure, email customer service but you'll have to be pretty quick, it has only been around 7-8 hours and the MTO is already 50% complete.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope to see some more stuff on the Elton. I would have bought those ball boots but have other shoe priorities and wouldn't wear until sept likely.

I hope they run a black grain bal or Chelsea on the Elton last. I'm sure we will se some more shoes on the Elton.

Win545

Reaction score
Also, if anyone has ordered the new antique brown shortwing on the hiro last, i would love to see some pictures if you have received them. :)

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Anybody know if they still use spring bars in the buckles on the double monks? Bought a pair last spring and they were superb for the price -- EXCEPT one of the buckles fell off after a month because the spring bar popped out and now they're useless. No response either when I asked if they could send me a replacement buckle.

squalidozzi

Reaction score
Anybody know if they still use spring bars in the buckles on the double monks? Bought a pair last spring and they were superb for the price -- EXCEPT one of the buckles fell off after a month because the spring bar popped out and now they're useless. No response either when I asked if they could send me a replacement buckle.

What do you mean by spring bar? I just got some brown double monks from them and can help you out. There's some elastic attached to the buckle for the second strap, closest to the heel, if that's what you mean. How'd they break?

ALSO, here are some pictures of the burgundy wholecut, in the flesh.

It's even sleeker than I had thought. The burgundy is great, too - not too red. Problem is, 10.5 UK is too big for me [note to those who fit comfortably in a Rui, don't size up for the Elton] - so I'm selling it, in unworn condition, along with a pair of 10.5 brown double monks w/ york soles also from Meermin. Details in my signature.

Also, for what it's worth, the wholecuts are slightly tighter in the toebox than the double monks. Both are made on the Elton last. And the York sole is very, very comfortable, not too chunky, and offers good traction. Wish they offered this on all their shoes. I guess time will tell how durable it is but so far it's fantastic.

Liber

Reaction score
Translation: We're charging US customers an extra $30-50 per shoe because we can. We don't value their patronage so f*** em. Instead of basing it off currency, we're basing it on nothing.

Yup, I'm done with that message you post. The explanation makes no sense because they don't get paid in USD when we buy from them. They are paid in Euros. There is no reasonable explanation.
I've just placed two orders with them, resulting in a total increased charged amount of $200 AUD on top of what I thought I was paying. I'm an Australian customer, and their checkout screen CLEARLY states the following:

I was charged in USD....

TheFluffer

Reaction score
Hi Squal,

Both your Meermins look gorgeous. Really sad to hear that you have to let them go due to it being too big.

Btw, when you mentioned that the Elton last on your wholecuts and double monks being quite similar to the Rui, i would guess that you have tried the Rui last before?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone ordered the GMTO Double Monk in Dark Brown Lama calf, in a 7.5UK and they don't work out. Drop me a PM.

oxfordcomma

Reaction score
Don't you love the gamble when something crosses the Canadian borders? Got ripped once, 90 CAN$ of various duties on an order or 300 CAN$. Ridiculous.

I received a pair of Meermin last week and had to pay over $100 in duties. This was my first big international order, so I'm 1/1. How often have you had to pay duties? Meermin posted the value of the contents right on the box, so I can't imagine customs ever missing this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads