• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NewYawker

Reaction score
In a nice surpirse Fedex is due to deliver my cherry cordovan boots tonight! Left Spain Saturday and on truck for delivery in NY today. Great stuff. I will throw some pics up later tonight. Unfortunately I wont be able to take pics in sunlight until this weekend most likely. Hopefully I can take some closely accurate shots.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a nice surpirse Fedex is due to deliver my cherry cordovan boots tonight! Left Spain Saturday and on truck for delivery in NY today. Great stuff. I will throw some pics up later tonight. Unfortunately I wont be able to take pics in sunlight until this weekend most likely. Hopefully I can take some closely accurate shots.

sounds good. would like to read some comments on the leather as well. i'm wondering whether the leather is much thinner and dryer than horween. i wonder whether Meermin shell is a great alternative for the frugal buyer who endeavors shell without paying the $600+ price tag associated with the likes such as AE, Vass, Carmina, Alden etc.

since it's g-1, we should know what to expect in terms of construction quality and aesthetics. i actually don't mind the g-1 construction, with the exception of a better footbed, which takes forever to conform to my feet.

NewYawker

Reaction score
sounds good. would like to read some comments on the leather as well. i'm wondering whether the leather is much thinner and dryer than horween. i wonder whether Meermin shell is a great alternative for the frugal buyer who endeavors shell without paying the $600+ price tag associated with the likes such as AE, Vass, Carmina, Alden etc.

since it's g-1, we should know what to expect in terms of construction quality and aesthetics. i actually don't mind the g-1 construction, with the exception of a better footbed, which takes forever to conform to my feet.
I'm curious about the leather quality myself. It is kind of perplexing why they chose to use goodyear welting when they have a handwleting operation. With a premium material like shell you would think they would want to showcase their handwelting skills. I own shell shoes from the aforementioned companies so hopefully I can give an accurate comparison. My hunch is they went with goodyear for the expediency of manufacturing. I would also imagine shell might be a difficult material to handwelt. Pure speculation though on my part.

Pb924

Reaction score
Received my first pair of meermin oxfords on the HIRO last. I love the shoes. defintely going to take some breaking in because my feet were hurting after a short while.

My question is regarding size. They feel okay in the width, but there is approximately 1/2 inch gap in toe area above my big toe. I struggle to get into the size 9 as it is. Wondering if next time around I should size down.. just scared the 8.5 will be too small.

sarteaga

Reaction score
I got my Snuff Suede Chelsea boots today. With the exception of some uneven suede nap and some small pen marks, that will be covered by my trousers anyway, I love them! Oh, and reno as well, hey for $13 that's the best deal in town.

GeneralBurnside

Reaction score

Shearling lined Boot GMTO, I have received (and paid) my balance, the boots are done and you should be receiving your payment requests from Meermin. 

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

Any idea if the shipping is staggered for these? I have not received my request for payment yet.

loxo

Reaction score
Has anyone ever sent anything back to Meermin? I sent my chestnut adelaides back for repair and they've been stuck in customs since the 23rd. I've never shipped overseas, so maybe its normal.. but a week and a half is a long time to sit around..

NewYawker

Reaction score

Has anyone ever sent anything back to Meermin? I sent my chestnut adelaides back for repair and they've been stuck in customs since the 23rd. I've never shipped overseas, so maybe its normal.. but a week and a half is a long time to sit around.. 

I sent back a pair of double monks that were squeaking. I think it took about 2 weeks for meermin to receive them. They emailed me and sent a replacement pair very quickly. I think its not uncommon for customs to take a while processing these packages. You marked your package "returned goods" right?

loxo

Reaction score
Okay, good to know. Thank you. I'll give it at least another week before I inquire. Yeah, I marked them returned merchandise, but hopefully I didn't screw something else up on the customs form.
I sent back a pair of double monks that were squeaking. I think it took about 2 weeks for meermin to receive them. They emailed me and sent a replacement pair very quickly. I think its not uncommon for customs to take a while processing these packages. You marked your package "returned goods" right?

NewYawker

Reaction score

Okay, good to know. Thank you. I'll give it at least another week before I inquire. Yeah, I marked them returned merchandise, but hopefully I didn't screw something else up on the customs form. 

Yeah you should be okay then. At least you know it's in customs not lost.

NewYawker

Reaction score
Alright gents here you go:

I am VERY impressed with how these came out. I have not found any defects whatsoever and they did a very good job matching the shell panels. Only difference in color I can see is on the shaft of the left boot - and thats a minor point really. The color of the cherry cordovan is great. There are brown, red, and burgundy tones. Fantastic stuff. It does seem a little dull - it does not have that high glossy shine of new alden cordovan. In terms of the quality of this japanese cordovan I'm impressed. There are no splotches or vein marks that I can see. There is no streaking in the dye process. And the weight seems to be on par with horween - if ever so slightly thinner. I would not hesitate to jump on a meermin cordovan run in the future - at their prices, as far as I am concerned, these boots are a steal. They will get some heavy use so I will update how the cordovan ages over the next few months. Daylight pics to follow when we get some better weather.

gsasso

Reaction score
Those look great! Makes me much happier that I jumped on the new boot. Cant wait to see some natural light pictures as well.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and pics NewYawker. Those look good, might be different in natural light but from those pics the colour looks pretty similar to my carmina burgundy shells so im somewhat glad I didn't jump on these.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackfraser14