• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leetpuma

Reaction score
Sorry I should have said I have never actually worn a new ray. That is what i would expect if i tried one on. Either way it would probably fit badly for my foot.

My only point was that most of us fat foot folks need to size up to get into the new ray. (12Us->11.5uk)

You likely have very thin foot and may not need to size up (12Us->11uk)

schomin

Reaction score
Sorry I should have said I have never actually worn a new ray. That is what i would expect if i tried one on. Either way it would probably fit badly for my foot.

My only point was that most of us fat foot folks need to size up to get into the new ray. (12Us->11.5uk)

You likely have very thin foot and may not need to size up (12Us->11uk)
Ahh ok. That's exactly what I was trying to get at and I don't want to size up to make it "fit". Waiting to here back from Meermin but wanted to see if anyone here knew.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, it *sounds* like meermin is getting ready to revamp a lot of their line up and it *sounds*like theres some good regulars on the way but always always on the way...

Aieyric

Reaction score

Good news!

I just sent Meermin a question if it was possible to replace the tassels on their loafers with a plain leather lace like this http://cdn.styleforum.net/2/25/500x...odel_80228_String_Loafer_Loden_1024x1024.jpeg And the answer was that they are actually adding a model like that in snuff, maraca (what color is that?) and navy suede to their internet lineup very soon!

Did you get any feeling what they meant with soon, are we talking a week or month+ ?
I have a order place for a pair of loafers, but loafers with laces could be nicer....

leetpuma

Reaction score
Did you get any feeling what they meant with soon, are we talking a week or month+ ?
I have a order place for a pair of loafers, but loafers with laces could be nicer....

Ask them directly. Soon with meermin quite often happens to be never.

nooneofnote

Reaction score
Here's my Meermin story. I ordered these shoes in UK size 8: http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4069 and got them in 6 days! I was really happy with the whole experience. The shoes fit good, though are maybe a tiny big big, and look nice. But after 1.5 days of wearing them both shoes cracked in the same spot.

What should I do? I'd love to get another pair exchanged but don't want to bother if it's bound to happen again.

Thanks,
S

Pictures:
[ATTACHMENT=8843]2014-04-0617.22.42.jpg (2,088k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=8844]2014-04-0617.22.29.jpg (2,233k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=8845]2014-04-0617.21.53.jpg (2,753k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my Meermin story. I ordered these shoes in UK size 8: http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4069 and got them in 6 days! I was really happy with the whole experience. The shoes fit good, though are maybe a tiny big big, and look nice. But after 1.5 days of wearing them both shoes cracked in the same spot.

What should I do? I'd love to get another pair exchanged but don't want to bother if it's bound to happen again.

Thanks,
S

Pictures:
[ATTACHMENT=8843]2014-04-0617.22.42.jpg (2,088k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=8844]2014-04-0617.22.29.jpg (2,233k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=8845]2014-04-0617.21.53.jpg (2,753k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Are you talking about where the welt is finished? That's normal and standard on most shoes

leetpuma

Reaction score
Are you talking about where the welt is finished? That's normal and standard on most shoes

One of those shoes actually cuts into the lower welt a bit. (not just the upper storm welt)

This actually may be how the shoe is designed the welt wraps around the shoe. and has to end somewhere. So they ended at the most discrete spot on the shoe(lower instep). They are not really cracks per say and probably do not actually effect the integrety of the shoe.

I would ask meermin directly if this is abnormal.

If it is their fault I have seen them pay for return shipping in the past. But I think it may not be but you just got unlucky with an sightly wider welt opening than average.

Last edited:

crwecko

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on what size I should buy for these? I normally wear a John Lobb Beckett in UK 9E (they are comfortable enough width wise, but a bit long, I can't go any narrower than them). What would the equivilent in these be? I'm debating between getting 8.5, 9, and 9.5 (they say E+ but the measurements don't look it). http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1920

tommygoodkin

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on what size I should buy for these? I normally wear a John Lobb Beckett in UK 9E (they are comfortable enough width wise, but a bit long, I can't go any narrower than them). What would the equivilent in these be? I'm debating between getting 8.5, 9, and 9.5 (they say E+ but the measurements don't look it). http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1920
If the Lobbs are on the 8000 last (which I'm pretty sure they are) I'd tell you to go for a 9, but Meermin would know better. Shoot them an email and they'll tell you exactly what you need.

Jarmo

Reaction score

They said "very soon". I sent them a new mail asking if it was possible to say more specifically. I'll post the answer here when I get it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads