• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered recently - RTW, not MTO - what turnarounds are you experiencing? Skimming recent posts, it looks like 30-45 days from order to delivery? Anyone seeing better or worse than that range?

Ordered RTW boots; I don't know if they wait to produce boots so they are ready for fall or something? It's been 2 months. 19 days ago I was told they would ship in 15 days, but they didn't. Anyway, just want them for fall so I don't mind too much.

Grytter

Reaction score

Ordered RTW boots; I don't know if they wait to produce boots so they are ready for fall or something? It's been 2 months. 19 days ago I was told they would ship in 15 days, but they didn't. Anyway, just want them for fall so I don't mind too much.

Please post pics of them when you get them!

Xandion

Reaction score

Greetings Gents-

Long time lurker here with a question regarding one of Meermin's lasts, The Elton.  I came across it on Ebay (link below) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular last since I did not see it listed on the company's website.  

I'm somewhat skeptical about the listing which is why I chose to pose the question to the community.

Many thanks,

Val

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEERMIN-Mal...9104093?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a8035ab5d

I just came across a similar listing with some double monks listed as Elton last, the outsoles also look pretty different. Any ideas on authenticity, they are listed as seconds? Have no intention of buying but I was curious and couldn't find anything on even a google search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEERMIN-Mal...2910991?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3a82d21c0f

wombus

Reaction score
For those of you who have ordered recently - RTW, not MTO - what turnarounds are you experiencing? Skimming recent posts, it looks like 30-45 days from order to delivery? Anyone seeing better or worse than that range?
I received a pair of Navy Suede Derbies in around 3-4 business days from ordering (I enquired if they were in stock and they were - hence the quick turn around)

If it's something seasonal (and current), or a model you've seen recently on a twitter/instagram feed, it's likely to be a short turn-around, but anything else can be quite long.

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
Maybe if you're not the patient type, it's good to just ask what's actually in stock in your size - they don't necessarily tell you when you order unless you ask, and the website gives no indication of what's there, and what will have to come from China.
I tried to ask, but the conversation was going nowhere. When I ordered my double monks, I asked if the black calfs where in stock. They replied and said it takes about 30 days. I tried to inquire about the other double monks, but the response was "it takes us 30 days to make them". I just assumed that they didn't have my size in any DB model in stock (which would be very weird).

I don't know if it were a communication error or what, but I think I was very specific that I wanted to ask about stock levels.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats strange,, when I enquired into some brown captoes in X size, I got a response the next day saying unfortunately that size was out, the next available size in stock was Y or the 30 day spiel. I thought that was pretty helpful.

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
It took me about 20 days from my order started. And when my order was ready to ship i changed my order and took 15 days after that. All pretty close estimates.

Also got the snuff suede loafers any one have any recommendations for suede care? I already have some scuffs. I'm pretty clumsy.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Took me roughly 2 weeks from ordering to receiving these. I'm pretty happy with them, although they're slightly smaller than regular English eights. I'm sure they'll work just fine after I've walked a couple of blocks in them. I'll definitely try Meermin again. Maybe it's time to order now if I'd like mtm winter boots?

numberpro

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is an update on my Meermin customs fee situation. I am the poster who sent the correct codes to Meermin. As of yesterday, I was contacted by Sandro to resolve the situation. He has offered me a $100 refund to cover the overage. I feel the overture was rather delayed, but still appreciated. I now consider the matter closed.

Given this turnaround, I feel fine with taking another look at their shoes. Still concerned about the other issues discussed in this forum, but willing to take another look.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is an update on my Meermin customs fee situation. I am the poster who sent the correct codes to Meermin. As of yesterday, I was contacted by Sandro to resolve the situation. He has offered me a $100 refund to cover the overage. I feel the overture was rather delayed, but still appreciated. I now consider the matter closed.

Given this turnaround, I feel fine with taking another look at their shoes. Still concerned about the other issues discussed in this forum, but willing to take another look.

You sound overly negative. Meermin seems to be more accomodating than most manufacturers out there.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello everyone,

This is an update on my Meermin customs fee situation.  I am the poster who sent the correct codes to Meermin.  As of yesterday, I was contacted by Sandro to resolve the situation.  He has offered me a $100 refund to cover the overage.  I feel the overture was rather delayed, but still appreciated.  I now consider the matter closed.  

Given this turnaround, I feel fine with taking another look at their shoes.  Still concerned about the other issues discussed in this forum, but willing to take another look.  

If you don't want to buy their shoes, then don't. You act like it is beneath you. You had a problem, they realized it, and fixed it. 90% of the people on this board would just be ecstatic that the problem got fixed. Meermin doesn't have to pay for your fees, it fact it probably made your shoes a net loss for them.

' I feel the overture was delayed' they weren't even liable or responsible for it in the first place, it was the couriers fault//wrong customs code. And Meermind fixed it when they didn't have to. How arrogant of you.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He sounds arrogant is what it is. If you don't want to buy their clothes, then don't. You act like it is beneath you. You had a problem, they realized it, and fixed it. 90% of the people on this board would just be ecstatic that the problem got fixed. Meermin doesn't have to pay for your fees, it fact it probably cut made your shoes a net loss.

' I feel the overture was delayed' they weren't even liable or responsible for it in the first place, it was the couriers fault. And they fixed it when they didn't have to. How arrogant.
There was much more to it than what you're saying. I think you're the one who's sounding arrogant, as you have the reading skills of a three year old, but the audacity to think you know the whole situation. Go back and read all the pages.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God damn some of these shoes are nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads