• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TSwizzle

Reaction score
I placed an order for the black cap toe and dark brown double monks in early June and they just arrived.
They were shipped via FedEx and I didn't have to pay any sort of fee upon receiving them.
I'm a 9.5D US and I got both in the Hiro Last 8.5UK and they fit well.

Hope that helps someone!

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What fee? I'm waiting fo them to tell me when to pay for the shoes in their website. Ordered this ones: I will ship them to the US and a cousin that lives there is going to bring them to Mexico.
Why not just ship them straight to Mexico?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why not just ship them straight to Mexico?

Oh, cause the government protect all the shoemakers from Leon, Guanajuato. So I've heard stories in which they charge you up to 300% of the value of the product on import duties. So I don't want to take that risk.
biggrin.gif

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, cause the government protect all the shoemakers from Leon, Guanajuato. So I've heard stories in which they charge you up to 300% of the value of the product on import duties. So I don't want to take that risk.
biggrin.gif
Ooya!! I thought maybe You were worried the federales would ghost them but that level of protectionism is worse! Puts VAT in perspective

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. Good thing is they discount the VAT, so the price is super nice for the type of shoes. That why I asked what fee is charged later on.
nod%5B1%5D.gif
Think that's directed at the guy who thinks he's been charged no fees by FedEx when they actually invoice you after delivery

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One to two weeks after delivery of your shoes, you can expect to receive an invoice for customs fees in the amount of $40-50.

Really?
butbut.gif
I mean it's still cheaper than bringing them directly to Mexico but I didn't know that. What happens if I send them to a hotel in which I will only be there to recieve them?

calidist

Reaction score
My first Meermin purchase was super easy. I placed an order on Tuesday 9th and received on the Wednesday 16th. This was shipping to the UK. I did initially try and discuss an MTO with Pepe, email replies were a little sporadic, but having thought I should probably try and get a last dialled in I placed an order for 2 pairs of Classics an 8 & 8.5. I checked available stock levels with Luisa and have always receive a reply in 24 hours. Once order was placed, invoices were sent through promptly, even Sandro reared his head for this portion of the order! I wanted to change the delivery address post order, both Luisa and Sandro confirmed this had been updated and the UPS link duely arrived.

Shoes are great value, suede is nice and consistent, the nap doesn't all run perfectly one way & one pair had a tiny knick in the binding but this was directly underneath a lace so I don't see any cause for complaint. I wore the 8's today and they are a bit of a squeeze so I've switched to the 8.5's. I like bit a roomy shoe. 8's now on EBay.

On the whole I've had a really easy buying experience - Luisa's English is much better than my Spanish but I did find myself sometimes having to ask a question twice to get an answer. But if she'd asked me to write to her in Spanish I'd be lost so an extra email, and a bit of patience, is worth it.

Pics!

Nice looking pair.

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon Sirs!

We hope you all are doing well & you are enjoying your Meermin's!

As many of you already know we also have a Made To Order program.

Our MTO Service Service allows our customers to create their own, personal, pair of shoes, allows the customer to choose the Style, Last, Leather/Color for the upper, the lining, the sole option and the Construction.

It do increase the price and tooks longer to make them since they are expressly produced for you, but it allows you create something unique that you are looking or just a way to stand out.

Here are some recent examples for you to check them. We hope you like them!

Thank you very much for your attention and if you need any further assistance just drop us a message at [email protected]

Best regards,

- Meermin -

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: [email protected]
MTO inquiries please contact Pepe at: [email protected]

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ those boots looks pretty nice

So what's th consensus on the quality of meermin? (Assuming there arent any QC issues as mentioned in this thread a few times) On par with AE? Alden?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads