• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rankiz

Reaction score
I received my boots from Meermin, but they had a visible scratch on em, should I send em back?

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Thank you gyasih and Mr. Essex. The 348 last fits my foot well in an 8.5uk. It really sounds like 9uk in the new ray is the way to go.
There seems to be less of a consensus on the loafers. It looks like a larger last, and a half size down in loafers is often prudent. If I pull the trigger I'll report back
I got a pair of the tassel loafers in the 7E UK and I also wear a 7E in the 348 (and 341, and 337) of C&J. The loafers are tight to get on, tight to the point a shoe horn almost gets stuck, but once they are on they fit flawlessly. (Which is strange, I know, but somehow works) These are on the Rui last, I am EXTREMELY satisfied with them.

bob digital

Reaction score

I got a pair of the tassel loafers in the 7E UK and I also wear a 7E in the 348 (and 341, and 337) of C&J. The loafers are tight to get on, tight to the point a shoe horn almost gets stuck, but once they are on they fit flawlessly. (Which is strange, I know, but somehow works) These are on the Rui last, I am EXTREMELY satisfied with them.

Interesting, thanks for the input. If they're on the Rui last were they a custom order? I only see tassels on the Ron last online.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for the input. If they're on the Rui last were they a custom order? I only see tassels on the Ron last online.
Oops that's what I meant! Slight miscalculation. I got the brown calf 101381-S on the Ron.

StagJackson

Reaction score

I am fairly new to all this myself, so regarding size, I will just tell you how it works for me personally.  Hopefully it will be applicable to you as well:

My first dress shoes were AEs in 10D.  I have a few pairs from them in 10D and some alden dessert boots in 10D.  They all fit well enough.  In C&J drummond, I am a 9E.  I used this as my reference when asking for advise from Sandro because I figured that he probably was not overly familiar with AE.  He reccomended the Chukkas in size 9, and my MTO hiro last double monks in size 9 as well.  So, for a size 10D AE, you size down one full size, at least for these two lasts.

edit:  The chukkas fit perfectly, but i do not have my shell double monks yet... but if they were right on one, I bet that their size suggestion will be right on the hiro last too.

I am betting that you would probably find a local shoe repair source for new soles/repairs.

Do you mind posting your foot measurements? In my email exchanges with Jose, my lack of history with quality shoes is making it difficult to figure out my size. I usually wear a US10D for my dress shoes, so your measurements would be helpful.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a related note, did Pepe provide anyone with the measurements for the Olfe last in an 11UK? I've given up on getting a response from Pepe and am trying to figure out if the Olfe last will be wide enough for my foot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads