• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

inthemoment

Reaction score
Hmm.. Has anyone ordered the brown double monk in linea maestro? I'd love to see the real life pics.
I really like sleek last like the new rey but instead of a medallion, I want it to be cap toe like the linea classica one. Too bad they only use the new rey last in linea maestro. Don't feel like spending another 100 for MTO.

Jmen

Reaction score
I thought I'd share my experience with Meermin:

I've had three pairs of shoes from them, two of which were a replacement for my first pair. The first pair was too small, so they agreed to exchange, at no cost for me. The second pair I received, was also a little bit too small, and I didn't really like the model, so they agreed again to exchange, at no extra cost. With the 3rd pair, there was actually nothing wrong fit and model wise, but it also had an issue as had the two other pairs. I didn't want to exchange another time, so I told them I'd rather get my money back. They even agreed to that, but this time I had to arrange the shipment myself. This was no problem, and they even wanted to refund the shipping costs!
So, even though all of the shoes had issues, I would still recommend them. The quality of the leather is good, the construction is good, but the quality control isn't that great. I think, however, that they wouldn't have been able to spot the issues, as they only appeared after I walked a bit in them. (except from the second pair, which was clearly visible before wearing them) And, if you've got any issues, they're willing to exchange, so I think you're safe buying a pair of shoes from Meermin. There have also been a lot of reports in this thread of members getting shoes with no issues at all, so I think it was just bad luck.

Zarium

Reaction score

I've had three pairs of shoes from them, two of which were a replacement for my first pair. The first pair was too small, so they agreed to exchange, at no cost for me. The second pair I received, was also a little bit too small, and I didn't really like the model, so they agreed again to exchange, at no extra cost. With the 3rd pair, there was actually nothing wrong fit and model wise, but it also had an issue as had the two other pairs. I didn't want to exchange another time, so I told them I'd rather get my money back. They even agreed to that, but this time I had to arrange the shipment myself. This was no problem, and they even wanted to refund the shipping costs!
So, even though all of the shoes had issues, I would still recommend them. The quality of the leather is good, the construction is good, but the quality control isn't that great. I think, however, that they wouldn't have been able to spot the issues, as they only appeared after I walked a bit in them. (except from the second pair, which was clearly visible before wearing them) And, if you've got any issues, they're willing to exchange, so I think you're safe buying a pair of shoes from Meermin. There have also been a lot of reports in this thread of members getting shoes with no issues at all, so I think it was just bad luck.

What issue, specifically?

Admittedly their quality control isn't that great for the classic line. A bit of frayed threads here, a bit of dye smeared there. Stitching not very refined. But really, for €150 (€130 really, minus the VAT), why the hell are people still demanding for so much? I personally rather have things stay this way than have trivial detail quality increased and have the prices of their shoes doubled. If I wanted really refined quality I'd purchase a pair of Carminas instead.

Jmen

Reaction score
What issue, specifically?

Admittedly their quality control isn't that great for the classic line. A bit of frayed threads here, a bit of dye smeared there. Stitching not very refined. But really, for €150 (€130 really, minus the VAT), why the hell are people still demanding for so much? I personally rather have things stay this way than have trivial detail quality increased and have the prices of their shoes doubled. If I wanted really refined quality I'd purchase a pair of Carminas instead.
The sole of the first pair was separated from the welt, the second pair had quite a big 'stain' on it, and the sole of the third pair started to creak quite loudly after I walked a bit in them.

The separated sole:

The stain:

But, like I said before, if there's even the slightest issue with the shoes, they're willing to exchange! :) And, I think that's quite remarkable, especially considering the price of the shoes. I probably could've brought the first pair of shoes to the local cobbler, but they were also too small...

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE FA: US 8D
Meermin: 7
C&J: UK 7
I would absolutely reccomend you buying them, you won't be dissapointed.
Thanks!
wink.gif
Christian B or anyone else who has AE 5 last shoes: how do the Hiro or Olfe lasts fit compared with AE's 5 last? I'm particularly interested in how the width compares and the height of the toe box.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually wearing my AE FA with a thin insole right now, and they are noticeably larger than my Meermins. I would advise you to inly drop down .5 size if the 5 last fits snug.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually wearing my AE FA with a thin insole right now, and they are noticeably larger than my Meermins. I would advise you to inly drop down .5 size if the 5 last fits snug.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Meermin recommended wearing the same size, but looking at the measurements provided, the width on the Hiro/Olfe lasts seem narrower than my 5 last shoes (which are as narrow as I can go). Length seems comparable, yes?

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a picture some pages back, but after what I remember the length is about the same.

BrizzleCizzle

Reaction score

As someone still on the fence about their next shoe, this was a huge help. Even though they didn't work out for you, you were pleased with their customer service. That's huge to me. Admittedly, I was/am concerned with QC issues, but hearing how responsive and willing they were is awesome.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As someone still on the fence about their next shoe, this was a huge help. Even though they didn't work out for you, you were pleased with their customer service. That's huge to me. Admittedly, I was/am concerned with QC issues, but hearing how responsive and willing they were is awesome.

From what I've read, all the issues seem to be with the classic line. Might be worth just spending a little more for the LM line.

I just placed an order for the following LM model and can't wait for it to arrive.
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1967

Jmen

Reaction score
I'm very pleased with their customer service indeed. Their goal isn't just to make money, their goal is to get satisfied customers, and even though I didn't get shoes, I'm still happy that I tried them. And I actually still got a belt from them, so it wasn't all for nothing after all.

BrizzleCizzle

Reaction score
From what I've read, all the issues seem to be with the classic line. Might be worth just spending a little more for the LM line.

I just placed an order for the following LM model and can't wait for it to arrive.
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1967
I haven't dug through all of the QC posts, but that's helpful considering I'm looking at the linea maestro line almost exclusively. I figure if I'm going to step out of my AE/Alden lineup, I may as well give Meermin a chance to wow me with their LM offerings. Either that or I've gotta step into Carmina, which is still very possible. Thanks for that.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't dug through all of the QC posts, but that's helpful considering I'm looking at the linea maestro line almost exclusively. I figure if I'm going to step out of my AE/Alden lineup, I may as well give Meermin a chance to wow me with their LM offerings. Either that or I've gotta step into Carmina, which is still very possible. Thanks for that.

I'll add a nod to their outstanding customer service.
I sent them a pic of the issue with my LM cordovan NSTs and they responded right away asking me to ship them back.

A replacement isn't currently in stock so they offered to have me wait 30 days for a replacement (and send me a pair of shoe trees for my trouble), to exchange them for another model, or to be issued a refund.

Jose and Sandro have shown nothing but exemplary customer service.

I'm also very happy with the LM suede monks I've ordered as well.

I can see myself being a customer of theirs for a long while.

kasakka

Reaction score
Now after walking a bit longer in my MTOs (the blue pair on Ama last, size 9 UK) I must say that even though they're not as roomy as my C&J Drummonds (9 E), they're definitely bigger than my near perfectly fitting Barkers (8.5 G). I have to wear the Meermins with an insole so I really should have gotten a size smaller. Based on that, I'd say that if C&J 348 is just a tad roomy for you, Meermin in same size on Ama last should be pretty good. I'd even go as far as say that the Ama last is better looking than the 348.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi,

Do Meermin size roughly similar to Loake?

Im an 8 in most Loake lasts (some fitting better than others), but my foot measures 270mm long and 105mm wide: by some of the details provided here I would be a 9 in Meermin, which seems a huge difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads